Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is a Finance & Projects and M&A practitioner, qualified in Austria, England and Wales, New York and Slovenia.
Her practice covers the entire financial services and infrastructure sector as well as a broad range of additional industrial sectors.
She advises commercial and investment banks, Fin-Techs, mezzanine financiers and private equity providers, and corporates on a wide range of financing and M&A transactions as well as debt restructurings. The second area of Jasna’s practice are infrastructure and energy projects, including private partnership transactions, and privatisations, often with a cross-border context.
Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is also ISDA counsel for Austria and advises as third pillar in her practice on a broad range of regulatory aspects.
Jasna’s experience includes:
- Advice to Governments/advisory arms of international institutions on various infrastructure projects in Europe, Asia and Latin America in the airport, road, and energy sector, including recent advice on the concession/PPP model relating to the Sofia Airport and the Beirut Airport
- Advice to a number of Sponsors on PPP transactions
- Advice as lenders counsel on a variety of project financings in various sectors (roads, energy, optical fibre)
- Advice as lenders and borrower’s counsel on real estate, acquisition and structured finance transactions and debt restructurings
- Advice on a number of cross-border M&A transactions, with a focus on CEE and SEE, in various sectors – banks, hospitality, energy, construction, industrial
- Advice on a number of cross-border arbitration and investigation mandates relating to infrastructure projects
- Advice on a wide range of regulatory aspects, specifically in the financial services sector
- Rechtsanwältin registered with Rechtsanwaltskammer Wien
- Attorney-at-law admitted with the Supreme Court of New York
- Tuja odvetnica registered with the Odvetniška zbornica Slovenije
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Before cooperation with DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach, Jasna worked at another reputable law firm in Vienna.
“Sources say: “I can rely on the fact that in very complex contracts there is nothing missing.” She is particularly active on deals involving CEE jurisdictions.”(Chambers 2018); Interviewees say that she is “precise and reliable.” (Chambers 2019)
- New York University School of Law, New York, LL.M. in Corporate Law, 1999
- University of Salzburg, Dr.iur., 1997
- Université de Rennes 1, Rennes, France (Research for thesis and followed courses for the Diplôme d’études approfondies (DEA) in business law), 1996
- University of Salzburg, Mag.iur., 1996
- Lycée N-D de Kerbertrand, Quimperlé, France, Baccalauréat with concentration on sciences (with distinction), 1993
- Material Adverse Change – article published in “LexisNexis in ZFR 2017/2”, 27 January 2017
- Der Notleidende Kredit (“The distressed loan”)
- Asset allocation and state succession in the Former Yugoslavia (together with Thomas Podlesak, published in eastlex 2005, 68)