Leaders in Law endorses Klaus Oblin as our exclusively recommended Commercial Law expert in Austria. If you wish to get in touch with Klaus, please use the contact information provided above.
Klaus Oblin has been successfully representing prominent businesses and state-entities for many years. He stands out in cross-border proceedings where politically sensitive issues meet commercial matters and has been consistently engaged as lead counsel and arbitrator in a number of high volume arbitrations under various internationally acknowledged rules.
Drawing from both civil and common law practical experience, he is known for his ability to concurrently lead teams from multiple jurisdictions. He has been serving as management board and steering committee member in various international associations of independent law firms.
Klaus is listed as an attorney of confidence of the embassies of the USA and the United Kingdom of England.
- Infrastructure & transport
- Banking & Finance
- Construction & engineering
- Chemical & pharmaceutical.
- Legal studies at the University of Vienna (Mag.iur., Dr.iur. “with high honours”)
- Post graduate legal studies at the University of San Diego (LL.M. Comparative Law)
English; German; French.
- Austrian Bar Association Vienna
- International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”)
- Austrian Arbitration Association (“Arb|Aut”)
- Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (“DIS”)
- International Bar Association (“IBA”)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”)
- European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (“ECTIL”)
- American Chamber of Commerce in Austria (“AmCham Austria”)
OBLIN was established in 2005 and has become a leading international litigation and arbitration law firm based in Vienna, Austria. We are representing businesses in cross-border disputes, i.e. int’l commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings (incl. enforcement) as well as white collar crime matters. Our team consists of 16 counsel covering 6 jurisdictions (bar admissions).
The specialized members of our team combine their multi-disciplinary and international backgrounds to provide profound yet practical solutions. We rely on our expertise and international relations to achieve the expected results.
Our firm is member of four different leading independent legal networks totaling more than 600 firms covering 160 jurisdictions. Our team has been recognized by various int’l institutions and media thus having received 27 awards for its achievements in commercial litigation and arbitration since 2011.
Our core focus lies in the management and resolution of commercial disputes. We assist and represent during all stages of the dispute resolution process striving to develop actionable legal strategies to match our clients’ aspirations in wide-ranging industry sectors. Many of our cases have been referred to us by other attorneys. We are also often asked to act as co-counsel in commercial arbitrations and litigations around the globe.