Leaders in Law endorses Andrei Danilov as our exclusively recommended Banking & Finance Law expert in Russia. If you wish to get in touch with Andrei please use the contact information provided above.
Andrei is a leading member of Moscow’s first generation of internationally trained lawyers and the Managing Partner of Danilov & Partners.
Andrei advises clients on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, focusing primarily in the area of mergers and acquisitions, as well as on corporate finance, including public and private placement of equity and debt securities, bank financing, strategic partnering and investments, and litigation management. Andrei also counsels clients in connection with general issues of Russian corporate, securities, subsoil, PPP and antimonopoly legislation.
- Banking and Finance Law
- Capital Markets Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Andrei has represented:
- a large Russian private oil company on a US$2.3 billion gas project at Yaraktinskoe oil and gas condensate field, including its cooperation with Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan) on the construction of an ethylene plant;
- a Russia-Chinese oil company in connection with pre-sale restructuring, preparation of tender documents, and advice in connection with minority rights in M&A transaction;
- a major Russian independent oil company on an EPSS (engineering, procurement and site services) agreement with a hi-end producer of helium equipment for the construction of a liquefied helium production facility;
- a Russian investor group in connection with the project financing of an innovative agricultural complex and distribution center in St Petersburg, Russia;
- a Russian investor group in connection with the structuring and equity and debt investment into a Vietnamese concern;
- a major Russian independent oil company on a US$90 million acquisition from a major Russian bank of a distressed real estate asset;
- a Moscow-based private equity fund on the establishment of a joint venture to build and manage a 20 million ton marine coal terminal in the Russian Far East;
- a world’s leading provider of technology for oil and gas industry on its acquisition of a stake in a Russian manufacturer of spare parts and drilling rigs;
- a large Russian private oil company in amending and restating the agreements with a top international investment bank;
- a party financing Russian manufacturing group in connection with the preparation of transaction documents, equity financing, share transfer and security documents under English and Cypriot law;
- a large Russian private oil company on a US$800 million project to build a polyethylene production plant; anda Russian public financial company in connection with purchase of a stake in a Russian timber holding.
- Regulation of Foreign Investments in Russia
- Anti-suit injunction in aid of an arbitration
- Recognition of Russian court judgments in the United States (recent precedents)
- BVI economic substance requirements
Danilov & Partners offers one of the most experienced and dedicated teams of international attorneys qualified to advise under Russian, English, US and Singapore law.
Clients increasingly seek nimble firms that can deliver quality legal advice faster and on a tighter budget than ever before. We created Danilov & Partners in 2014 with this idea in mind. Our ‘Big Law. Flexible Firm’ philosophy is reflected in everything we do. For the D&P team, we pick bright and experienced international attorneys from leading firms. We provide top-notch, big law experience without the hassle of big firm rigidity and bureaucracy. A smaller firm platform allows us to respond quickly to clients’ needs while guaranteeing a high quality service.
In five years since the firm’s inception, we have helped clients successfully complete deals with an aggregate value of over US$20 billion. We have advised on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, blockchain transactions, construction projects and assisted with regulatory/antitrust issues in Russia, USA, Europe, Middle East, South-east Asia and Africa.
Because of our international background, we are able to bridge the gap that often exists between Russian clients and their international counterparties in cross- border transactions.
In addition to foreign law qualified lawyers in our Moscow office, we work closely with leading international law firms.