Leaders in Law endorses Markus Fellner as our exclusively recommended Banking & Finance Law expert in Austria. If you wish to get in touch with Markus please use the contact information provided above.
Markus Fellner is a founding partner at fwp and specialises in banking and finance, corporate and M&A, insolvency law and restructuring, and dispute resolution.
As a specialist speaker and author of specialist publications on banking & finance, company law, insolvency law as well as restructuring, Markus Fellner, with the support of his team, stands for exceptional quality, profound expertise and long-term experience. His clients include both domestic and international companies and financial institutions. The international character of the Austrian business law firm fwp is highlighted by regular cooperation with leading partner law firms in a network spanning all relevant jurisdictions.
- Banking and financial markets
- Industry & commerce
- Private Clients & family businesses
- Technology, innovations & communication
- Dr. iur., University of Vienna, 1994
- Mag. iur, University of Vienna, 1992
- Mag. rer. soc. oec., Vienna University of Economics and Business, 1989
- Partner with Fellner Wratzfeld & Partners since 1999
- Admitted to the Austrian bar in 1998
- Auditing assistant with a highly reputed chartered accountant
- Legal expert in a Viennese business law firm
Fellner Wratzfeld & Partners is a well-respected player in the reorganisation and restructuring space and has traditionally focused on advising credit institutions but has steadily expanded its client share in the corporate arena. The team led by founding partner Markus Fellner is a key fixture on some of Austria’s most high-profile restructurings such as the restructuring of the Steinhoff Group and is well equipped to assist clients with associated distressed M&A transactions and insolvency proceedings, including enforcement claims.