Robert J. Cosgrove
Leaders in Law endorses Robert Cosgrove as our exclusively recommended Insurance Law expert in Pennsylvania, USA. If you wish to get in touch with Robert, please use the contact information provided above.
A courtroom-tested trial lawyer and appellate advocate, Robert J. Cosgrove has handled cases in state and federal venues across the United States as well as in the International Court of Commerce. Bob litigates a very wide range of matters, including premises and liquor liability cases; trucking and motor vehicle claims; product liability and product recall suits; personal care home, senior living and home health aide cases; and cases involving construction defects, catastrophic personal injury and significant property damage claims. He defends individuals and businesses in complex professional liability and errors and omissions cases, advises clients on fraud-based and other first- and third-party coverage issues, and investigates and litigates fine art, jewelers block policy and cargo cases. A Certified Information Privacy Professional, US, (CIPP/US) and a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), he advises on cases related to fraud, data privacy, and cybersecurity claims and investigations.
Bob is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a by-application-only national association of trial lawyers who have obtained multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements. He has been elected a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, a research organization dedicated to the study of law, legal institutions and legal processes. He is also the exclusive Pennsylvania insurance member of IR Global, the multinational professional services network of legal, accountancy and financial advisors.
In addition to his work for clients, Bob sits as a judge pro tempore, handling settlement conferences in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. He also serves as a member of WCM’s Management Committee, the firm’s governing body.
Bob is a frequent speaker and conducts seminars for organizations, including the International Underwriting Association of London and the Property & Liability Resource Bureau as well as for numerous clients. Bob’s writing has appeared in various books and journals.
Before joining WCM, Bob was an Assistant District Attorney with the Nassau County (NY) District Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted cases ranging from violations of environmental conservation law to gang assaults and high-level narcotics transactions.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, B.S.F.S., Georgetown University
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute (Regional Director, 2020-Present)
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel (President, 2018-2019)
- American Bar Association
- Regis Bar Association
- Southern District of New York
- Northern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Judge Pro Tempore, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, US, (CIPP/US) and Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Thompson Reuter Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Insurance Coverage (No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology can be found here: https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html.)
- Stein Scholar in Public Interest Law and Ethics, Fordham University
- Theatre Hall of Fame, Georgetown University
Wade Clark Mulcahy opened its doors in 1994 guided by a simple principle: Results Speak for Themselves.
The superior and cost-effective results achieved for our insurance and corporate clients have spoken. WCM now has four offices across three states, including in New York City, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Long Island, and serves its clients in matters across the country.
WCM is a firm of trial lawyers who partner with our clients to devise effective strategies to manage risk and to bring closure to complex matters as quickly as possible. And if the matter warrants, we stand ready to fight the end game – – whether trial by jury or argument to an appellate bench.
WCM is committed to maintaining our reputation for excellence and to letting our results speak for themselves. So, if you need help sorting out a legal mess, count on us. WCM solves defense and coverage issues cleanly, quickly and efficiently.