- Corporate / M&A
- Banking & Finance
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Law degree from the law faculty of Universidade Católica de Lisboa, 2005
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association in 2008
- Admitted to the Angolan Bar Association in 2009
- Candidate to the New York State Bar Association
- Postgraduate course in business management law from the law faculty of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2007
- LLM in banking, corporate and financial law from Fordham Law School, New York, May 2011
- Miranda, Correia, Amendoeira & Associados law firm, Lisbon and Luanda offices, 2007
Participant at the Workshop “Training for Panel of International Finance Corporation (IFC) Local Transaction Counsel – World Bank Group”, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2009
Lecturer at the Seminar “Legal Aspects of Procurement of Services by Oil Companies” in the Angolan Liquefied Natural Gas Project, Soyo, Angola, 2009
Lecturer at the Seminar “Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)”, Luanda, Angola, 2009
Lecturer at the Seminar “Angolanization: Laws and Compliance”, Luanda, Angola, 2014
Awards and Rankings
- 2016 IFLR recognised João Bravo da Costa as Rising Star for the areas of Infrastructure and Oil & Gas
- 2017 Legal 500 Recommended João Bravo da Costa
- 2018 IFLR recognised João Bravo da Costa as Rising Star for the areas of Financial and Corporate; Project Development; Energy and Infrastructure and Corporate / M&A
- 2019 IFLR recognised João Bravo da Costa as Rising Star for the areas of Project Finance; Energy and Infrastructure; Corporate / M&A and Banking
BCSA is a Law Firm that brings together leading Angolan professionals who share a strong interest and satisfaction in practicing law in Angola and for Angola in strict compliance with the professional and ethical rules of the Angolan Bar Association.
BCSA’s professional team is made up of a number of lawyers with different areas of practice and levels of seniority. These lawyers have gained professional and academic experience in Angola and abroad thereby giving them an international perspective on their legal work.
BCSA’s lawyers have an unparalleled ability to provide legal support across all areas of the law and economic sectors through which they aim to provide a skilled response to their clients’ needs in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and precision.