Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote is head of the Foreign Investment Department of the firm.
Advised clients and lead the local strategy to invest in multiple mining and energy projects which include Nickel, Silver, Gold, Antimony and Petroleum in Guatemala and Central America.
Advised and lead as local counsel international arbitrations including the first ever DR-CAFTA Investor vs State dispute in Washington DC., which was ruled on behalf of the investor.
Team leader in multiple strategic and large real estate transactions, involving natural resources companies, government, and multinationals.
Team leader in multiple complex commercial transactions between multinationals and national entities and individuals.
- Foreign Investment
- Natural Resources (Mining and Energy)
- Acquisition of strategic Real Estate Assets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Law
- International Arbitration and Mediation
- Bachelors of Law (LL.B.), (Guatemala, 1998) – Universidad Francisco Marroquin.
- Specialization in Arbitration Law and Alternate Dispute Resolutions (U.S.A., 1998) – Loyola University.
- Certificate if Digital Economy and E-Business (Guatemala, 2002) – Central American Institute of Public Administration -ICAP / Ministry of Economy.
- Specialization in International Mergers & Acquisitions (England, 2003) – College of Law of England & Wales.
- Executive Program in Legal Issues of International Business Law, (2003) – Georgetown University Law Center/ INCAE.
- Specialization in Advanced Negotiation, Deal Design & Implementation (U.S.A., 2005) – Harvard Law School.
- Magister Science (LL.M), Mercantile Law & Competitiveness (Guatemala, 2008) – CIG /USAC.
- Attorney at Law – Public Notary (Guatemala, 1998)
- Central Law Guatemala
- AMCHAM Guatemala
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Mexican Chamber of Commerce
- German Chamber of Commerce
- Guatemalan Chamber of Industry
- American Bar Association – ABA
- Chambers & Partners, Latin America.
Natural Resources Law Practice:
CENTRAL LAW has established a solid reputation thanks to its counseling services in the regulatory scope and due diligences on the main hydrocarbon and electricity industries.
Investment in these fields is considered of high-growth in the CAFTA-DR region. Our firm has been providing counsel to the principal investment projects in Central America, Panama and Dominican Republic.
At CENTRAL LAW we promote Renewable Energy Projects and Infrastructure, caring for the environmental management of all the operations involved.
Our firm offers a comprehensive service that covers all necessary stages to ensure the success of the whole project from prefeasibility, feasibility and Implementation, setting out the critical routes within the legal, technical and financial frameworks and supported by a team of experts in the matter.
CENTRAL LAW is the leading regional law firm advising clients on corporate law and in Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure in Central America, Panama and the Caribbean.
With 11 offices in the countries of Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and the Dominican Republic, CENTRAL LAW has advised domestic and foreign corporations as well as individuals and international organizations in different projects in their business development in the countries where the firm’s offices are located.
International directories such as Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000 have recognized CENTRAL LAW´s lawyers as prominent professionals in the fields of Corporate Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Corporate Finance, Corporate M&A, Energy & Infrastructure, Energy & Natural Resources, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labour & Employment, Real Estate & Tourism, Shipping and Tax.