An established IP attorney and engineer that advises clients on implementing profitable IP protection strategies. He is consistently successful at the USPTO and has a reputation for aggressively and effectively enforcing his clients’ IP rights. He strives to increase the value of his client’s business, make their job easier, and reduce their costs.
Walter regularly travels throughout the United States and Internationally to meet with clients and colleagues to implement strategies for effective identification, protection, and enforcement of IP rights. He lives in Darien, Connecticut with his wife and children and enjoys cycling.
Education and Admissions
- D. University of Connecticut, 2006
- S. Tufts University, Mechanical Engineering, 2001
- USPTO, Connecticut, New York,
- Mechanical and Material Arts
- Software and computer systems
- Brand protection and anticounterfeiting
Representative Patent Prosecution Clients
- High performance additive manufacturer serving biomedical, aerospace, and industrial markets.
- Distributor and supplier of pro audio equipment and accessories.
- Robotics equipment manufacturer.
Representative Litigation Matters
- RegenLab USA LLC v. Estar Tech. Ltd. Et al, (patent)
- Doctor’s Associates, Inc. v. King & Prince Corp, (trademark)
- Novadaq Tech. Inc. v. Karl Storz GmbH, (trademark)
- MedPricer v. Karl Storz Endoscopy Am., Inc., (commercial)
- Tommie Copper, Inc. v. Ideavillage Products Corp., (trademark)
The Whitmyer IP Group (WHIPgroup) is a full-service, global IP law firm. We are counsel to some of the most well-known IP owners in the world.
Clients come to us for our technical and legal expertise, and we leverage our skills with advanced technology to efficiently solve complex IP problems. Every IP specialty is well represented at the firm with physicists, mechanical, civil, electrical, biomedical and chemical engineers, computer scientists, brand managers, and trademark attorneys.
WHIPgroup attorneys have a wealth of experience in counseling clients and prosecuting large, international patent and trademark portfolios. We are experts with PTAB appeals and were recognized as one of the most active firms in the country for PTAB trial work. Our attorneys clear, register, and maintain trademarks, and regularly handle opposition and cancellation proceedings before the TTAB. We have long-standing relationships with associates throughout the world to support us in asserting our clients’ global IP rights.
WHIPgroup attorneys also enforce patents and trademarks in litigations around the country. We have developed efficient litigation strategies for winning big cases. Our litigation successes inform our prosecution insights, and vice versa. This combined skill set yields superior IP protection for our clients in a cost-effective manner.
From high-stakes patent litigation to global brand management, we have a track record of providing exceptional representation for sophisticated clients.