Leaders in Law endorses Meti Ketner as our exclusively recommended Intellectual Property Law expert in Slovenia. If you wish to get in touch with Meti’s please use the contact information provided above.
Meti Ketner is a passionate and innovative lawyer and a businesswoman, European Trademark and Design Attorney, the CEO and the founder of KETNER® Ltd. which is constantly progressing and expanding and following the key trends of Intellectual Property Protection to which clients can rely on.
Meti Ketner is aware that the Intellectual Property Protection sector is constantly evolving. Ideas of the future are already changing the present moment. She is very proud to show the world the intellectual capacity of Slovenia – the rising star of this world.
KETNER® founded by Meti Ketner in 2008 focuses on industrial property protection (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, etc.) and offers a comprehensive and strategic approach to the Intellectual Property Challenges of modern times, both for corporations as well as individuals. To maintain strong market position KETNER® company represent their clients in Intellectual Property Proceedings at the national, European, and international levels.
KETNER®’s professional field extends from the personal touch of in-depth analysis of the idea itself focused on problem-solving inventions and related patent technical documentation, supported by legal advice, expert reports, IP searches, and monitoring, valuating, to the other specialist support in the field of industrial property rights and beyond. Operating with vision and optimism, KETNER®’s protected Intellectual Property is manifesting through brilliant industrial property rights reflecting the originality of its owners. The KETNER®’s coverage ranges from representation in the process of acquisition, registration, maintenance, to enforcement of industrial property rights in Slovenia and worldwide.
Prior to practicing law in her own company, Meti Ketner was working for the larger Slovenian professional legal offices and also for institutions of public importance and in the frame of international projects of great importance for Slovenia. Meti Ketner strives for success working together with the team of highly-qualified experts by doing the best for their clients. To maintain its strong market position KETNER® is reflecting its strength.
Before practicing law in her own company, Meti Ketner was working for larger Slovenian professional legal offices and also for institutions of public importance in the frame of international projects of great importance for Slovenia.
- 2008 onwards: KETNER, Ltd. – Founder, Director of the company, Trade Mark and Design Attorney, Expert for Patents
- 2006-2009: AGENCIJA VEBO, družba za invencije, pravno svetovanje in nove medije, d.o.o. – Director
- 2005-2006: HIGHER COURT IN MARIBOR – Judicial intern
- 2004-2005: INSTITUTE OF SHAREHOLDERSHIP – Legal consultant and project manager
- 2003: MIRO SENICA – ODVETNIK – Attorney, lawyer intern
- 2001-2002: SCHOENHERR, d.o.o. – Head of Legal Department
- 2000-2001: STATISTICAL OFFICE OF THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA – Lawyer intern
- During her studies, Meti Ketner worked as an Assistant in the framework of two international PHARE projects; “Further Alignment of Slovene Statistical Methodology with EC Requirements and Reinforcement of the Institutional Capacity of Slovene Statistical Office in View of Accession to the EU” (SORS) and “Approximation of Legislation and Enforcement Programme” (Government Office of the Republic of Slovenia for legislation).
- Corporate & Commercial
- Intellectual Property
- CEIPI (Center for International Intellectual Property Studies), University of Strasbourg,Strasbourg, France – Basic Training in European Patent Law (2015/2016-2016/2017)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, CBE -Training Programme for professional training of candidates for detectives (2015) – specialization in the field of intellectual property
- WIPO, World Intellectual Property Organization, Innovation Division and The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (2012) – Intellectual property valuation training
- WIPO, World Intellectual Property Organization and The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenian Intellectual Property Office and The Slovenian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2010) – Franchising and Licensing Agreement
- European Patent Office, European Patent Academy (2009) – European Patent Academy Summer School AU47-2009 “IPR for researches”
- The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (2003) – Master examination for Trade Mark and Design Attorney
- The Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of the Interior, Directorate for the Organization and Development of Administration, Administration Academy (2002) – Master examination for employees in the public administration and justice system
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Law – International law/university degree in law (2000)
- We are Slovene legal office specialising in intellectual property, focusing on industrial property (trademarks, industrial designs, patents, etc.).We provide legal advice, prepare expert reports, and perform searches and monitoring and other specialist support in the field of industrial property rights and beyond.
- We provide representation in the processes of acquisition, registration, maintenance, and enforcement of industrial property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs…). We are official Patent Attorney entered in the Register of Patent Attorneys at the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (No. 258) and the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (EU) (No. 46191).
- We provide representation in domain names disputes.
- We encourage the development of copyright, intellectual property and other rights deriving from the creative activities of human being.
- We are the owners of ZASCITA.SI, PROTECTION.SI and KLIK TV trademarks, and the company founder, Meti Ketner, is the co-owner of VODA.SI trademark.
- We are ambitiously tackling everyday tasks. Our goal is to raise awareness about the importance of intellectual property and intellectual property protection.