Anne O’Connell qualified as a solicitor in 2001 specialising in Employment Law and has over 17 years’ experience. Anne holds an LLB Degree together with Diplomas in Employment Law and International Litigation. She is also qualified as a New York Attorney. Having trained in Byrne Wallace, Anne moved on to practice in the Chief State Solicitors Office shortly after qualifying where she practiced for over 2 years in the area of Employment law and International litigation there. Anne acted in the largest International case taken by Ireland to date and also acted in a European case that led to the amendment to Ireland’s Constitution. In 2003 Anne moved to the Employment Law Department of William Fry solicitors’ where she remained dedicated for 11 years of practice. There she advised large multinational companies, semi-state companies, small businesses and employees in all areas of employment law, particularly issues that were likely to become contentious. During this period Anne was seconded to ESB Group to cover maternity leave for their In-House employment law solicitor. In 2014, Anne joined Sherwin O’Riordan solicitors as a salary partner Head of their Employment Law Department and left in early February 2017 to set up her own employment law firm.
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland’s Employment Law Committee and the Employment Law Association of Ireland Committee.
- Lectures and tutors extensively on employment topics including assessing and advising clients on risk at the Law Society of Ireland Professional Course, the Diploma on Employment and the Certificate on Employment Law Advocacy. External examiner for the Law Society’s Diploma on Employment Law and Employment Law Advocacy Certificate.
- Lectured at the National College of Ireland, the Kildare County Enterprise Board course and at industry seminars nationwide.
- Co-author of the Law Society’s Professional Practice Employment Law Manual. Also published in the IBA Employment Industrial Relations Law Newsletter, Irish Employment Law Journal, Industrial Relations News, Sunday Business Post, Business Plus Magazine and the Construction Industry Magazine.
- Interviewed on RTE News, Ireland AM and Matt Cooper radio show on various employment law issues. Provides bespoke training to business clients.
- Featured media articles in The Irish Independent.
- Featured panel member of The Clare Byrne Show, RTE.
AOC Solicitors provides a strategic approach to the maze that is employment law. AOC Solicitors is the solutions team for any business addressing any employment law issue. We also advise individual employees facing employment law disputes. We focus on advising our clients on the best solution to achieve their objectives while meeting their needs and business requirements.
As part of its services AOC Solicitors places a high value on being available 24/7 (whenever their clients need them) to avoid claims and offers employers an Employment Law Hotline for a set monthly fee to enable guidance through any process without worrying about fees.
We advise private and public sector companies and individuals in contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including termination of employment, industrial relations, bullying in the workplace, redundancy, restructuring, equality issues, protected disclosures and transfer of undertakings. We represent clients before employment law statutory bodies, the High Court and Circuit Court. We draft and advise on contracts, staff policies and procedures.