Parks Tafa is the Managing Partner at Collins Newman & Co, the largest law firm in Botswana, and has been with the Firm and in private practice for over 26 years.
He is one of the leading lawyers in Botswana, with an outstanding track record of a long career with considerable experience as a business-transactional lawyer, having been involved in many large transactions and acted in several ground-breaking matters for prominent clients both in Botswana and from elsewhere.
– Bachelor of Laws – October 1991 (University of Botswana)
– Attorney of the High Court of Botswana – November 1991
– Parks is consistently ranked by Chambers Global as a Band 1 leader in his field.
– PLC Which Lawyer? 2011 recognises Parks as a top corporate and commercial lawyer.
– IFLR 1000 2013 and 2014 recognises Parks as leading lawyer in Energy and Infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa.
– Co-author of Construction and Projects Overview in Botswana article featured in Practical Law Multi-Jurisdictional Guide 2013/2014.
– 2004 to present: Managing Partner, Collins Newman & Co.
– 1996 to 2004: Partner, Collins Newman & Co.
– 1991 to 1995: Associate, Collins Newman & Co.
Since 1977, Collins Newman & Co (“CNC”) has provided premier experience in the corporate, commercial and mining fields and has become known for its dynamic, resolution focused and client oriented approach. The firm contributes a significant amount of experience in all areas of law in Botswana, acting for a broad spectrum of financial institutions, multinational and national corporations, and most state enterprises.
Transactions range from complex mergers and acquisitions, mining, banking, finance, telecommunications and infrastructure work to mainstream corporate and commercial activities.
CNC has undertaken a large share of listings, debt-capital markets work and other mandates, and remains the preferred firm for cross-border transactions and foreign direct investments. The firm also serves as legal advisor and counsel to the Government of Botswana.