Leaders in Law endorses Chris Moore as our exclusively recommended Commercial Property Law expert in New Zealand. If you wish to get in touch with Chris, please use the contact information provided above.
Our Commercial Property team was evaluated by New Zealand’s Ministry of Economic and Development and given the ranking of no. 1 for “value for money” out of the “large” law firms across the country. This “value for money” ranking takes into account quality and cost scores.
The services we offer include:
Acquisitions and disposals: Advising both buyers and sellers on the acquisition and disposal of commercial property including due diligence and structuring advice. The team also regularly assists with the property aspects of commercial sales and acquisitions.
Landlord and tenant matters: Advising landlords and tenants in relation to agreements to build and lease, leases, licences and associated documentation. We also advise corporate tenants and landlords on the day-to-day management of their property portfolios.
Development projects: Acting for developers, funders and investors on a range of large, medium and small developments with advice across all aspects from the acquisition of a site, structuring, financing, due diligence, and subdivision, through to the sell-down or longer term hold, through appropriate structuring.
Infrastructure projects: Acting for a number of national and regional network utility operators and other infrastructure organizations in relation to substantial infrastructure projects and other property and commercial matters.
Hotels: The team has particular expertise in advising on structuring, acquisition and disposal of leisure stock, particularly hotels,
structured real estate/managed funds and structuring real estate ownership by working closely with other teams within the firm on design, build, finance and operating agreements, property investment structures and development vehicles.
Co-ownership/Fractional: The team advises on a wide range of co-ownership projects including fractional and residents’ clubs for both domestic and international clients.
Financing: The team advises on all aspects of property finance and secured and unsecured lending.
Syndication and Securities Law: The team has extensive experience in advising on property syndication in all its forms including advising on the Securities Law requirements for offering property investments to the public and the regulatory framework for managed funds generally.
RECENT MANDATES INCLUDE ADVISING:
• An Australian property fund on the disposal of its property portfolio.
• A hotel/tourism investment fund in relation to a $200M fractional ownership project in Australia.
• Several blue-chip national retail chains in relation to all aspects of their leasehold and freehold property portfolios.
• A national electricity operator in negotiating property rights for a $400M project to reinforce electricity supply to Auckland.
• Central and local governments through conducting internal reviews on their commercial property arrangements.
• A developer in respect of its redevelopment, refurbishment and leasing of a CBD luxury retail precinct.
• International investor on the acquisition of two complex investments including drafting and negotiating key documents and undertaking detailed due diligence.
• On the acquisition of a diverse, distressed property portfolio involving compliance with certain regulatory requirements including the Takeovers Code.