Chris practices in the area of civil litigation addressing issues including breach of contract, corporate dissolution, and estate disputes. His primary focus is the acquisition of property rights necessary to construct public projects. Chris has successfully tried civil cases to juries and judges. He is also experienced in appellate practice, having represented clients on numerous appeals.
Outside of the office, Chris and his family enjoy the outdoors. They enjoy hunting, fishing, skiing, snowshoeing and camping – including winter camping. Chris also enjoys cooking and eating interesting food. He is willing to travel anywhere for a good meal.
Education and Licensure
- Undergraduate: University of North Dakota – Commercial Aviation
- Law School: University of North Dakota School of Law – Juris Doctor
- Licensed to practice in North Dakota, Minnesota, and the United States Federal District Court for the District of North Dakota
- Holder of a multi-engine land commercial pilot certificate, certified flight instructor and flight instructor of instruments
Christopher has achieved the following honours and distinctions:
- Past chairman of the Inquiry Committee Southeast of the State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Graduate of the chamber of commerce leadership development program
As an attorney, Christopher actively participates in the following organizations:
- Member of the State Bar Association of North Dakota and the Cass County Bar Association
- Volunteer for the adaptive ski program at H.O.P.E. Inc.
- Active member of Lutheran Church of the Cross in West Fargo
- Moderator of the West Fargo legislative forums.
The law firm of Ohnstad Twichell, P.C., was founded in 1939, by Manfred R. Ohnstad. In 1955, the firm partnered with Daniel R. Twichell, and the name has remained since then. The firm has deep roots in the Red River Valley, with offices in Casselton, Hillsboro, Page and West Fargo, ND, and Barnesville, MN.
Ohnstad Twichell has grown to become one of the largest law firms in the region, yet continues to remain committed to its core values: Integrity, respect, teamwork, communication, and excellence. As the firm grows, its employees remain anchored to its core values to provide clients exceptional legal service in a number of practice areas.
Ohnstad Twitchell P.C. is competent in the following fields of practice:
- Real Estate
- Business & Corporate Law
- Estate Planning, Probate, & Trust
- Civil & Criminal Litigation
- Family Law
- Municipal & Water Kaw
- Public Finance, Bonding, & Partnerships
- Energy Law
The staff at Ohnstad Twichell are a team of dedicated and talented professionals committed to improving the lives of their clients and creating strong communities by providing custom legal solutions with integrity and excellence.
With the move of its West Fargo office to the new location at 444 Sheyenne Street in West Fargo, Ohnstad Twichell is poised for future growth and remains the community-minded law firm that provides personalized, broad-ranging legal services that meet the needs of its clients.