Robert J. Sullivan
Bob was born and raised in Butte and has practiced law in Missoula since 1980. Prior to entering private practice, Bob worked for four years as a county prosecutor with the Missoula County Attorney’s Office where he gained extensive courtroom and trial experience. Bob entered private practice and joined Boone Karlberg in 1985.
Bob and his wife, Mary, have two sons, Brian and Patrick. The family enjoys biking on the roads and mountain trails of Montana, skiing, and other recreational and sporting activities.
Education and Experience
- J.D., The University of Montana School of Law
- B.A., The University of Montana, with Honors
Awards and Honors
- Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Chambers USA
- America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- AV Preeminent Rating in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Best Lawyers in America
- Awarded the 2018 Missoula Employment Law – Management “Lawyer of the Year”
Community and Professional Involvement
- State Bar of Montana, past president
- Western Montana Bar Association, past president
- Montana Supreme Court’s Commission on Character and Fitness, member
Boone Karlberg P.C:
We have provided legal services in Missoula since 1946. Throughout our long history, we have advocated on behalf of clients, managed risk, found creative solutions to complex legal issues, sought fair resolutions to legal matters, and provided trusted leadership in community and professional affairs. To this day, we strive to meet the diverse legal needs of large and small businesses, governments, and individual clients. Boone Karlberg has an extensive trial and appellate practice with a tradition of actively working with our clients to achieve the optimal legal outcome.
one Karlberg provides a full range of expertise in all areas of the law. Our firm’s attorneys are recognized as superior by national publications and have the respect of their peers. Communicating, educating, and offering peace of mind, our attorneys take ownership of clients’ legal matters. Using responsive and collaborative teamwork, it is our goal to provide high-level service, while building client relationships through an objective, ethical approach to resolving legal matters.