Leaders in Law endorses Carlos A. Espindola-Scarpetta as our exclusively recommended Trade Law expert in Colombia. If you wish to get in touch with Carlos, please use the contact information provided above.
Founder of the firm Espíndola International Consultants, created in 1979, which has been dedicated to specialized subjects such as International Contracting, Private International Law, International Conflict Resolution, Maritime Law, Transportation Law, International Trade, Compliance and Customs Law.
Professor in Graduate programs in Customs Law and International Trade, International Business Law and Contracting, at Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Bogtotá/Cali and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cali.
- Customs Law & Exchange Control regulations
- Foreign Investment
- International Contracting
- Private International Law
- International Conflict Resolution
- Maritime Law
- Transport Law
- International Trade
- Customs Law
- Doctor in Jurisprudence Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Senora del Rosario
- Bogotá and L.L.M., Master of Laws, from Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana. USA.
- Member of the Academic Comission at the Instituto Colombiano de Derecho Tributario y Aduanero (ICDTA)
- Pannelist and author of many articles and papers published by the ICDTA, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Chair of the International Trade and Business Committee at the Colombian American Chamber of Commerce, Sur Occidente, AMCHAM, Cali, Colombia.
In his long career Carlos has advised the main national and international companies, such as ADM Colombia, Cadbury Adams, Abbott, Sanofi, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, among others.
We advise our clients and accompany them in the planning, analysis and implementation of alternatives that allow the optimization of their resources and sustainability of their business in the areas of Foreign Trade and International Business, offering as an added value in our services the experience and innovation of the global consultants team.
- Accompaniment and advice on Procedures and Procedures of Customs and Foreign Trade, claims and appeals before competent authorities.
- Advice on customs valuation, antidumping practices and trade defense measures such as safeguards and countervailing duties.
- Audits and implementation of Compliance Manuals in Customs, Tax and Exchange for International Operations and Foreign Trade.
- Training and education on international contracting, international business and internationalization strategies.
- Consultancies on tariff classifications, splitting and tariff and / or tax effects.
- Consultancy in the implementation of international trade terms (“Incoterms”).
- Design of strategies for the use of Foreign Trade Promotion Mechanisms.
- Customs planning and transnational operations of goods and services flow.
Espindola International Consultants, created in 1979, is an office of lawyers and consultants specializing in national and international business and international trade. Our office is a versatile, flexible, professional and competitive lawyer organization that has successfully addressed the legal and strategic needs of Colombian and multinational companies located throughout the Americas, respecting the highest professional and ethical standards.
We are prepared to accompany entrepreneurs to face the challenges derived from the trend of regional, and worldwide integration, creating projects, designing strategies and practical solutions within multijurisdictional legal parameters. Our portfolio of services includes participation in the decision-making processes of our clients, not only from a legal perspective, but also from a strategic point of view through integrated logistics.
In Colombia we have offices in Cali and Bogota D.C., as well as correspondent offices in the most important financial centers of the world. The Legal 500 rankings , Tier 1, Latin America, 2022. Prior years ranked by The Legal 500, Top Firm.