Firm Name: Clarke, Modet & C° Chile
Practice Area: IP Law
Fax: +56 2 2433 6831
Leaders in Law endorses Carolina del Rio as our exclusively recommended IP Law expert in Chile. If you wish to get in touch with Carolina, please use the contact information provided above.
Carolina Del Río is a member of the Chilean Bar Association.
Under her leadership, Clarke, Modet & Co. Chile, was recognized for the second time with the “IP Enforcement Law Firm of the Year in Chile” award by the magazine Corporate INTL Legal Awards Magazine. Award recognition of the history and experience of the legal team of Clarke, Modet & C ° Chile as well as cases of success they have achieved on behalf of multinational companies in terms of defending their industrial property rights in Chile.
– Degree in Law from Universidad Diego Portales, Chile. With more than 20 years of experience in issues related to Intellectual Property.
– Member of the Chilean Bar Association and INTA.
– Speaker in intellectual property and innovation seminars in China, Spain, USA and Chile.
– Important media columnist such as Diario Financiero, Revista del Campo, El Mercurio newspaper, Poder & Negocios magazine and La Segunda newspaper among others.
– She was elected by “Entrepreneurs Women” as one of the ten entrepreneurs’ women between 35 and 40 years in 2005.
– She is part of Mujeres del Pacifico an organization with the main goal of empowering women to try their own business in the countries of the Pacific Alliance , Chile peru México and Colombia.
– Degree in how to organize and lead projects and important teams and groups of work from IESE. master of full at Universidad de los Andes.
Clarke, Modet & Cº is one of the largest groups specialized in Intellectual Property in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries, founded in Spain in 1879.
It was created as a company to manage patents and perform Intellectual Property services. Our walls are plastered in framed Industrial Property journals from the SPTO, some of which have changed the face of the industry since the 19th century. We have some real gems, such as Edison’s light bulb and Goodyear’s tire.
Since the 1960s the company has made a bid for expanding internationally by opening subsidiaries in Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal and Mexico. Thirty years on, this start-up was completed with openings in Colombia, Chile, Peru and Uruguay, as well as, of course, the new territorial offices which we keep opening in each of the countries where we are present.
Our current presence in the world covers a total of 10 countries with more than 450 professional experts working from our 34 offices, together with a network of carefully selected agents across the world.
The key to our success is constant adaptation to the present and knowing how to anticipate market needs, which has always allowed us to offer ad-hoc customized solutions to accompany our clients throughout the life cycle of their IP rights.