We would like to thank you for all of your nominations for the Leaders in Law Global Awards 2021.
We are currently finalising our awards but if you would still like to be considered for an award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our nominations page:
Winning applicants will be featured in our exclusive Global Awards 2021 Magazine, recieve a crystal trophy and our signature logos for marketing purposes:
Good Luck to all and Stay Safe,
The Leaders in Law Team
Leaders in Law is delighted to announce that we are now taking nominations for our upcoming Leaders in Law – Global Awards 2020.
If you would like to be considered / nominate a peer, please fill in the nomination form on https://www.leaders-in-law.com/awards/
The 15th ALB Japan Law Awards, held at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo on June 13, was a resounding success, with the who’s-who of the Japanese legal industry, including in-house counsel, private practice lawyers and corporate executives, gracing the event.
The event saw Nishimura & Asahi, walk away with the biggest award of the night – the Japan Law Firm of the Year. The firm won in six categories, as did fellow Japanese Big Four firms Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu and Mori Hamada & Matsumoto.
Nishimura also claimed the titles of Young Lawyer of the Year (for Yuki Oi), Japan Deal Firm of the Year, and Restructuring and Insolvency Law Firm of the Year. Meanwhile, Nagashima Ohno won Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year (for Oki Mori), Healthcare and Life Sciences Law Firm of the Year, Real Estate Law Firm of the Year and Regulatory and Compliance Law Firm of the Year. Mori Hamada & Matsumoto’s haul included Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year, Japan Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year and Tax and Trusts Law Firm of the Year.
Among international firms, Herbert Smith Freehills claimed two titles, including the International Arbitration Law Firm of the Year. Davis Polk & Wardwell won International Deal Firm of the Year, and was also recognised for its role in three award-winning deals, while Morrison & Foerster was declared the International Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year.
In the individual categories, Clifford Chance’s Reiko Sakimura won the BMW Award Woman Lawyer of the Year. Hiroo Atsumi of Atsumi & Sakai walked away with Managing Partner of the Year award while the Dealmaker of the Year title was claimed by Akifusa Takada of Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise).
And in the in-house categories, the T&D Associates Award Innovative In-House Team of the Year award went to Softbank Group while the Baker McKenzie Award Japan In-House Team of the Year award was won by IBM Japan. IBM also won the title of In-House Lawyer of the Year for Anthony Luna.
Allen & Overy took home the headline award, Transportation Law Firm of the Year at the recent Global Transport Finance awards which recognises the leaders in aviation, shipping and rail finance and the most innovative and complex deals in the market.
Global Head of Structured & Asset Finance, Mario Jacovides comments: “We are very proud to be the winner of this year’s Transportation Law Firm of the Year award which recognises the market leading, complex and innovative deals that we have worked on throughout the year across the whole of the transportation sector. This accolade is a further testament to the global expertise we have in aviation, shipping and rail, which allows us to meet our clients’ needs.”
The team also picked up six individual deal awards. They included:
• Aviation Portfolio Deal of the Year – advising the secured parties on a USD700m facility relating to the financing and refinancing of a portfolio of 19 aircraft for CDB Aviation;
• JOLCO Financing Deal of the Year, Latin America – advising UKEF and ING on the JOLCO financing of a Boeing 787 aircraft which was the first UKEF-supported JOLCO financing to a Latin American carrier;
• Cruise Ship Deal of the Year – advising SACE and a syndicate of lenders (BNP, Unicredit) on the pre- and post-delivery financing of two new Fincantieri-built LNG powered cruise ships for TUI Cruises GmbH which are the largest ships ever to have been built in Italy;
• Shipping Portfolio Sale of the Year – advising Oak Hill and Värde on the acquisition and USD1bn financing of the Project Lioness portfolio of shipping loans from Deutsche Bank;
• JOLCO Deal of the Year, Middle East – advising Investec Bank as junior lender and BNP Paribas and DekaBank as senior lenders on the JOLCO financing of one new Boeing 787-9 aircraft for El Al Israel Airlines which was the first JOLCO financing in Israel and for El Al Israel Airlines;
• Tax Lease Deal of the Year – advising the AFIC insurer group on the French Tax Lease financing of a Boeing 787-9 and Boeing 737 aircraft for Royal Air Maroc.
For further information, please contact Susanna Robinson, email@example.com, on +44 (0)20 3088 3918
- Brian W Burkhalter joins Leaders in Law as the exclusive Construction Law member in Georgia, USASeptember 23, 2021 - 11:26 pm
- Italian Green Certification And Private Companies: Better To SummarizeSeptember 22, 2021 - 5:45 pm
- Overview of the New Indonesia-Singapore Bilateral Investment TreatySeptember 21, 2021 - 4:09 pm
Join our mailing list of over 125,000 contacts worldwide and receive the latest updates from Leaders-in-Law.