Leaders in Law endorses Cristina Arenas-Solís as our exclusively recommended IP Law expert in Puerto Rico. If you wish to get in touch with Cristina please use the contact information provided above.
Cristina Arenas-Solís is a Member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. Her principal area of practice is Intellectual Property Law, specifically intellectual property litigation and prosecution. Cristina provides counseling and advice to clients, focusing her practice on counseling clients in issues and matters regarding trademark protection, prosecution, and registration, as well as the procurement of both local and federal regulations. In addition, she advises and represents clients in patent litigation nationwide, including the District Courts of Puerto Rico, Eastern Texas, Delaware, Northern California and Utah, and before the Federal Circuit, many of them resulting in favorable settlements for her clients.
Cristina has participated in inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and in Markman hearings before the District Court of Puerto Rico and Eastern Texas. She also has successfully represented clients in trademark disputes before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, the local court in Puerto Rico, the District Court of Puerto Rico, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, obtaining not only damages awards for her clients, but also injunctive relief.
Cristina is fluent in Spanish, English, and French.
Representative Cases or Transactions
- Federation des Industries de la Perfumerie v. Ebel International Limited, 2007 DTS 212 (Trademark)
- Compañía de Turismo de Puerto Rico v. Municipio de Vieques, 2010 TSPR 126 (Taxes)
- Master Lock Company, LLC v. Toledo & Co., Inc., (Civil No. 3:13-cv-01658) D. Puerto Rico (Patent Infringement)
- Mercado-Salinas v. Bart Enterprises Intern., Ltd., (Civil No. 09-1509) D. Puerto Rico (Trademark)
- Lamex Foods, Inc. v. Audeliz Lebron Corp., (Civil No. 09-2275) D. Puerto Rico (Act 75 Distribution)
- Rivera vs. The Coca-Cola Company, et al. (Civil No. 13-1426) D. Puerto Rico (Copyright Infringement)
- Ingeniador LLC v. Jeffers, Inc., (Civil No. 13-1654) D. Puerto Rico (Patent Infringement)
- Canatelo, LL v. Bosch Security Systems, Inc., (Civil No. 13-1097) D. Puerto Rico (Patent Infringement)
- Intellectual Property Symposium presented by Ferraiuoli, LLC, 2013 and 2014, La Concha Resort, San Juan, Puerto Rico