Leaders in Law endorses Maxim Barashev as our exclusively recommended Investment Law expert in Russia. If you wish to get in touch with Maxim please use the contact information provided above.
Maxim has more than 20 years of experience in legal practice. Maxim mainly advises foreign companies operating in the Russian market. Areas of practice: M&A corporate issues, litigation arising from supply contracts and labour relations, international arbitration in the International Commercial Arbitration Court (ICAC) at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
Before joining BBNP, he worked for a heavy industry manufacturing company
Expert of OOO Business Russia, Moscow Regional Division
Member of the Association of Lawyers of Russia
Member of New York State Bar Association
- Expert of All-Russian Organization “Delovaya Rossiya”, Moscow Division
- Member of the Association of Lawyers of Russia
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of International Bar Association
- Represented KANT, a company selling sports equipment, in court in a dispute with ADIDAS
- Represented WEBORAMA web-project in court in a dispute with Gala Records
- Represented Man and the Law magazine in court in a dispute with ZAO Ostankino TV Company
- Represented a Czech bank in court in a bankruptcy case of OAO Volgotanker, Oil Tanker Shipping Company
- Represented Rostselmash in the court of Bergamo, Italy
- Represented a Russian construction company in court in a dispute with SBARRO
- Represented a Russian tour operator in court in a dispute with Krasnoyarsk Airlines
- Advised CISCO’s top executive on labour disputes
- Supported a multi-billion M&A transaction of TOMKINS Group in Russia
- Advised the sponsors of the exhibition dedicated to the life and work of Marlene Dietrich which was held in Tsaritsyno Museum in Moscow
- Advised Barry Callebaut on energy issues
- Advised Tekfen on the construction of a gas pipeline in Russia
- Advised DAMIANI on corporate issues and Russian labour law
Maxim Barashev holds a master’s degree from Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN)
He completed postgraduate studies at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN)
Lectured Arbitration Process and Bankruptcy at Lomonosov Moscow State University
Corporate Practice & M&A, Litigation, Arbitration and Investment projects
- 2020 Rossiyskaya gazeta: Illegal dismissals. How to protest. Legal comment
- 2019 Isn’t It Time Yet to Split the Business of Facebook and Other Internet Monsters? Executive.ru
- 2019 Dangerous Terms & Conditions in Contracts. Generalniy Director (General Director)
- 2019 Italian Comeback. Expert, Issue 23(1122)
- 2014 Who to Get the File Cabinet of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation? Yurist Speshit Na Pomoshch (Lawyer to the Rescue), Issue 3/2014
- 2013 How to Protect Business Owners? finam.info
- 2012 Legal Due Diligence in Startup Projects. Master class at Skolkovo Moscow School of Management
- 2011 Acceptance and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitration Courts’ Awards in Russia. Overview and Problems. International Centre for Dispute Resolution
- 2011 RIA Novosti: Russian Legal Information Agency, comment on the prosecution of VKontakte users
- 2011 RIA Novosti: Russian Legal Information Agency, comment on the prospects of the Yukos case
- 2010 RIA Novosti: Russian Legal Information Agency, comment on the case to recover damages in the amount of 7.567 billion roubles from Astrel Publishing House (AST Publishing Group) in favour of Terra Publishing House
- 2010 NEWSINFO.RU, comment on the prospects of the US court case on handing over the Schneerson library to the Hasidic Chabad-Lubavitch group
- 2009 International Property Management Planning for U.S. Citizens: Thomson Reuters Integrated Approach. Estate Planning, Co-Author
- 2008 Corruption: Revisiting the Concept and Combating It. Modern Law Journal, Issue 2 (1) 2008
- 2008 Russia’s Business Environment Ltd., a collection of articles. The articles cover legal aspects of doing business in Russia and the problems of legal regulation of various business sectors. GMB Publishing
- 2007 Protection of the Rights of Foreign Investors in Russia’s Energy Sector Through International Arbitration. Co-author. Predstavitelnaya Vlast (Representative Authority), 2007 Issue 5 (78)
BBNP law firm is a Russian law firm with an office in Moscow and a wide network of partner law firms in Russia & CIS. It was organized in 1999.
Today, BBNP is comprised of highly experienced lawyers qualified to practice law in Russia. We are known as a competitive fees law firm with a high level quality.
– Company formation & legal business support
– Corporate. Business law
– Employment issues: resignation, dismissal, hiring of General Director, Managers, Accountants
– IP : registration & protection
– Accounting and tax outsourcing
– Dispute resolution (Litigation)
– Legal Opinions & Memorandums
– M&A. Sale and Purchase business, real estate, transactions support
We successfully work with foreign companies in Russia as legal and tax advisers. Our monthly basis legal and accounting support helps to keep businesses in good standing.
We realize that our clients’ Russian legal relationships can be specific, and at the same time often difficult to foresee at the outset. We have been very successful in this regard on behalf of our various clients.
BBNP has extensive experience in successfully assisting clients with their broad spectrum of corporate legal requirements, however complicated those might be. Specifically, our lawyers have broad experience in business formation, corporate structures advising, joint-ventures, M&A, as well as general corporate counseling.
Our lawyers’ experience enables us successfully to support transactions, provide advice relating to foreign trade contracts, employment issues, Director dismissals, intellectual property rights, to propose optimized Russian tax strategies and structures for businesses, to perform bankruptcy procedures, and to recover (via litigation or settlement) damages.