Ingibjörg Ólöf Vilhjálmsdóttir
Leaders in Law endorses Ingibjörg Ólöf Vilhjálmsdóttir as our exclusively recommended International Trade Law expert in Iceland. If you wish to get in touch with Ingibjörg please use the contact information provided above.
- 2012- Co-founder and Partner, Land Lögmenn/Icelandlaw International Legal Services.
- 2011- 2012 – Founder, International Legal Consulting.
- 2008- 2010 – Head of Legal, Inventages Venture Capital, Switzerland.
- 2006- 2008 – Officer, Trade Relations Division, European Free Trade Association (EFTA), Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1999- 2006 – Lawyer, Head of Division, Ministry of Agriculture, Iceland.
- 1998- 1999 – Officer, District Commissioner at Seyðisfjorður, East Iceland.
- 2003 – LL.M in international and comparative law, George Washington University (GWU).
- 2000 – Bar Exam, Attorney at Law.
- 1998 – Cand. juris, University of Iceland.
Teaching, Lectures and Publications
- 2006- 2008 – Lectured at export promotion seminars for EFTA in Indonesia, Colombia, Peru and Lebanon. Also a Part-time lecturer in international trade law, University of Bifrost, Iceland.
- 1999- 2007 – Various lectures and publications on agriculture, administrative law, legislation on access to information, directives, regulations and policies pertaining to the European economic area and the main principles of the World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- 1998/2003 – Theses: „Trade Remedies“, GWU; and „An introduction to air law, wet and dry leasing of airplaines“, University of Iceland.
Other positions of responsibility:
- 2014 – Ad-Hoc College member of the EFTA Surveillance Authority.
- 2013 – Chair of the Board of Directors of the Icelandic Housing Financing Fund.
- 2012 – Member of the Icelandic Association of Professional and Business Women (FKA).
- 2011 – 2012 – Member of the Association of International Business Lawyers (AIBL), Geneva.
- 1999 – Chairman of the Livestock Marking Committee, Iceland.
- 1999 – 2014 Chairmanship/membership of various government committees working on legislation and policy.
- 1993 – Treasurer of the Icelandic branch of the European Law Students’ Association (ELSA).
Areas of practice:
- Administrative law
- Agricultural legislation
- Corporate law
- Custody cases
- Customs rules
- Debt collection
- Defamation law
- Free trade agreements
- Foreign exchange legislation
- International trade
- nternational transactions
- International investments
- Intellectual property rights
- Rules of origin
- Venture capital investments
- Tort law
- Reads Danish
The founding partners at LAND have lived in seven countries and dealt with over 50 countries. Through these multinational and multicultural dealings we have gathered a solid understanding of our client’s specific needs and we work hand in hand with our clients to provide culturally sensitive solutions.
We pride ourselves to have a solid reputation as efficient, trustworthy and innovative lawyers and are always reachable by our clients.
Our unique location, between North America and Europe, our international experience, our broad areas of expertise and our determination to deliver make us the ideal partner for international legal services.