Leaders in Law endorses Caroline Barton as our exclusively recommended Finance Law expert in the Cayman Islands. If you wish to get in touch with Caroline, please use the contact information provided above.
Caroline is a partner within the Corporate department in Cayman and Group Head of Banking & Asset Finance, as well as Transport & Logistics.
Her practice areas include private equity, asset finance, corporate finance, bond offerings and structured finance. She is extensively involved in aircraft and vessel financing, subscription financing and CLOs. Caroline also has deep experience in capital markets, corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions, especially working on the buyer side of transactions.
Caroline was recently recognised by Who’s Who Legal in 2016 with respect to Aircraft Finance, and acknowledged as a ´Rising Star´ in IFLR1000´s 2015 capital markets law rankings.
She is a member of the Cayman Islands Law Society, the Law Society of England and Wales, the Cayman Islands Labour Tribunal and the Caymanian Bar Association, and a notary public registered in the Cayman Islands.
Recent highlights include advising
- China Merchants Bank Co., Ltd. in connection with just under US$1 billion loan facility to Perfect World Co., Ltd. to finance its high profile management buy-out and privatisation.
- China Merchants Bank Co., Ltd. in connection with its US$100m loan facility to Delta Health to finance the construction of its first world class cardiovascular hospital in Shanghai. Delta Health is majority owned and controlled by Fidelity Growth Partners Asia and its affiliates.
- Seller in relation to it sale to DHT Holdings of all of its outstanding capital in Samco Shipholding Pte. Ltd. for an initial estimated purchase price of $317 million in cash. Included in the purchase were Samco´s 10 Cayman subsidiaries which hold ownership to its oil tankers.
- A leading financial institution as lender in a uniquely structured security package in the subscription credit market whereby investors were issued shares at par value on closing coupled with a remaining obligation to fund their outstanding commitment with respect to those shares when called to do so by the Cayman company. The company in turn then granted the lender a security interest over its right to enforce the shareholders’ obligations to fund their remaining commitments.
- Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries in connection with the formation of Höegh LNG Partners LP, a Marshall Islands limited partnership (MLP) and the MLP´s initial public offering of 11,040,000 common units representing limited partner interests in the MLP at USD 20.00 per unit. The MLP was formed to own, operate and acquire floating storage and regasification units, liquefied natural gas carriers and other LNG infrastructure assets under long-term charters.
- Closed 13 CLOs so far in 2015 for, amongst others, Citibank, Wells Fargo, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse.
- University of Bristol (England)
- Nottingham Trent University (England)
We are a full service law firm providing comprehensive, expert advice and services across corporate, dispute resolution, property, regulatory and private client and trusts practice areas. We work with our clients to achieve practical solutions whether from a single location or across multiple jurisdictions.
Through Appleby Global Services, Appleby provides a range of administration, reporting and fiduciary services focused on corporate structures. Our dedicated teams of experienced professionals work closely with our legal specialists to provide our clients with an integrated legal and corporate administration offering.
We are regularly recognised for our professionalism, integrity and excellent client service, and these are the values we pride ourselves on and are at the core of our business.
Our global presence enables us to provide comprehensive, multi-jurisdictional legal advice at the times most beneficial to our clients.