Pisut is the Founder and Managing Partner of Pisut & Partners. His main areas of practice are dispute resolution, corporate, insolvency and restructuring, trade competition, labor & employment, insurance, administrative and white-collar criminal matters. Pisut also has extensive experience in Thai court proceedings, as well as in arbitrations under the ICC and TAI rules.
Prior to established the firm, he was a Litigation Partner of Silk Legal, an international law firm based in Bangkok where he was a key member of the firm to drive and generate the new businesses to the firm. Prior to joined Silk Legal, he was the Managing Partner of Jus Laws & Consult, an independent Bangkok law firm where he was engaged in building a litigation department and firm management.
Prior to that, Pisut was the chief of litigators from 2010 – 2015 at Price Sanond Prabhas & Wynne (Formerly known as “Deacons”), where he handled a substantial amount of major litigations and other forms of alternative dispute resolutions, as well as providing legal advice in various fields to local and international corporations.
Prior to that from 2003 – 2010, Pisut was a partner of Rapeepat Public Law Office where he handled many civil and commercial disputes in the Thai courts and arbitrations. Before joining Rapeepat Public Law Office, he was an associate of Sak & Associates from 2000 until 2003. Previously, he was an intern lawyer at Prachuab Seang-Anong Law and Accounting Office.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
– Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2016
– Member of the International Bar Association, 2016
– Member of the Law Association for Asia and the Pacific, 2008
– Barrister at Law, Thai Bar Association, 2010
– Notarial Services Attorney, Lawyers Council of Thailand, 2009
– Litigation Attorney, Lawyers Council of Thailand, 2000
PRESENTATIONS AND SPEECHES:
Amendment of Civil and Commercial Code in Relation to Guarantee Law, invited by A.P. Honda Limited, held from, February, 6 – 8, 2015 and February, 12-14, 2015, in Singapore and Malaysia.
– Barrister at Law, Institute of Legal Education of Thai Bar Association, 2010
– Notarial Services Attorney Certificate, Lawyers Council of Thailand, 2009
– Lawyer License, Lawyers Council of Thailand, 1999
– Bachelor of Laws, Ramkhamheang University, Bangkok Thailand, 1999
– Advising a major Thai-Japanese automobile company, a major supplementary foods manufacturer, a biggest dealer of Japanese automobile company in respect of distributorship and disputes on the various termination of distributorship.
– Advising, representing and defending a major Thai-Japanese automobile company in relation to criminal charge under the Trade Competition Act of Thailand, which was the first major case of its kind in Thailand.
– Representing a leading Malaysia Hotel Operator in respect of the USD 17 million acquisition from Japanese Investors of a 4 Star Hotel in Koh Samui, Thailand.
– Advising a Thai Hotel Owner in respect of long-term Hotel Management Agreement with an international hotel chain in a 4 Star Hotel project in Krabi, Thailand.
– Advising the World Bank in relation to agricultural cooperation, contracts, and alternative dispute resolutions in Thailand.
– Advising the State of Queensland for competition campaign in Thailand.
– Advised a Charity Organization of England and Wales in respect of its current status, risks, liabilities for a national office in Thailand.
– Advising a Thai public listed company on registering its trademarks around the region.
– Defending a group of celebrities on criminal charges in relation to improperly promoting a local beer through the social media.
– Advising a global reinsurer in relation to property damage and business interruption claims arising from the Bangkok unrest in May 2010.
– Advising, representing and defending a Japanese trading company on THB 2 billion in claims brought by a Thai state enterprise in the South Bangkok Civil Court concerning a contract for the supply of turbines for a power plant and arbitration clause.
– Pursuing a claim in an arbitration under the ICC rules on behalf of a well-known construction advisory firm against its customer in connection with disputes over a hospitality project.
– Representing a US listed company against the Royal Thai Air Force in order to enforce the Arbitral Award in connection with flight simulation systems and governmental procurement.
– Pursuing a THB 2 billion claim in the South Bangkok Civil Court on behalf of a global explosive company against an influential Thai family in connection with a wrongful conduct.
– Defending a global financial institution against a THB 350 million claim from a well-known hospitality group in Thailand in the Phuket Provincial Court in connection with a breach of contract.
– Defending a global airline against a claim from passengers in the IPIT Court in connection with a breach of carriage contract.
– Defending a Japanese shareholder against another shareholder’s request for the Civil Court to revoke a shareholders’ resolution of the joint venture company.
– Defending a global semiconductor company and its directors against a criminal charge filed by a former employee in connection with a purported non-compliance with the Thai labor law.
– Defending a global petroleum company against a computer-related criminal charge filed by its employee based on an allegedly false input of information into the company’s database on its server.
– Pursuing a USD 1.2 million claim on behalf of a global hotel chain against a group of its employees who fraudulently directed online reservation commissions into the accounts of fake travel agencies owned by the employees.
– Defending a global IT company in the Labor Court against a THB 450 million claim from its Thai and foreign former employees in connection with an alleged unfair termination.
– Pursuing a THB 5.8 billion claim in the Administrative Court on behalf of a well-known Thai IT company against a Thai government agency in connection with a breach of an administrative contract by the agency.
– Defending a Thai semiconductor company against a THB 550 million claim from a well-known Thai bank in connection with bill of exchange and mortgage disputes.
– Defending a news agency against a criminal defamation charge in connection with an exposure of a corruption concerning procurement of baggage carousels of an international airport.