Jeffrey A. Rinde
Jeffrey A. Rinde is the Managing Partner in the New York City office. Mr. Rinde primerly specializes in the areas of corporate, securities and other regulatory aspects of global business ventures across a diverse array of industries between companies in the U.S. and Europe with Asia, Central and South America, Russia, Africa, Australia and the Middle East.
With over twenty-five years of global legal, corporate and investment banking experience, Mr. Rinde represents both U.S. and foreign corporations across a wide range of industries. His broad experience includes public and private equity and debt security financings, blockchain technology & digital currency, international mergers and acquisitions, angel, venture capital and private equity financings, project finance, banking and financial instruments, secured debt transactions, going private transactions, foreign direct investment and corporate law and governance. Mr. Rinde regularly assists his clients with overcoming challenging government and regulatory issues confronting them in global emerging markets, including developing and implementing strategies to maximize opportunities, minimize risks, and accomplish their strategic goals.
Mr. Rinde has particular and distinctive skill in representing Chinese and other Asian-based companies in complex transactions to help expand their overseas business, access capital and list overseas, including the United States, Hong Kong and London, and representing foreign companies in all facets of business activities in mainland China.
Prior to establishing CKR, Mr. Rinde was Chief Representative of Blank Rome’s Shanghai office whose primary responsibility was overseeing the firm’s Asia-based client matters. Earlier in his career, he was the head of the corporate department of Hodgson Russ’ New York office and established the firm’s Asian practice.
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange Proposes to Restrict “Backdoor Listings” and Shell Activities, By Jeffrey Rinde and Jing Li, August 2018.
- US Proposes New Tariffs on China Ahead of Further Trade Talks, By Jeffrey Rinde, Jing Li and Jason Zhou, June 2018.
- President Trump Announces Withdrawal from Iran Nuclear Deal, co-author with Frank Tang, May 2018.
- U.S. Imposes Unprecedented Russia Sanctions, co-author with Frank Tang and Vladislav Zabrodin, May 2018.
- An Update on Cybersecurity Law Enforcement in China, by Jeffrey A. Rinde, Megan J. Penick, Jing Li, and Joy Xiao, October 2017.
- SEC Assembles Cyber Unit to Target Cyber-Related Misconduct, by Jeffrey A. Rinde, Megan J. Penick and Alexandra Levin Kramer, October 2017.
- China Introduces Its First Investment Dispute Arbitration Rules as ICSID Alternative, co-author with Michael James Maloney, Jing Li, Megan J. Penick and Joy Xiao, September 2017.
- China Halts Token Offerings but Signals Support for Blockchain Technology, co-author with Alexandra Levin Kramer, Jing Li, Michael James Maloney and Joy Xiao, September 2017.
- New Balance Wins $1.5 Million in Landmark China Trademark Case, co-author with Sherry L. Jetter and Joy Xiao, September 2017.
- China State Council Issues Guidelines on Overseas Investments, co-author with Jing Li, Megan Penick and Joy Xiao, August 2017.
- SEC Suspends Trading of Several Blockchain Companies, co-author with Alexandra Levin Kramer and Michael James Maloney, August 2017.
- An Overview of China’s New Cybersecurity Law, co-author with Jing Li, Megan Penick and Joy Xiao, August 2017.
About CKR Law:
CKR is a full-service global firm of experienced lawyers with diverse international practices. We have locations throughout the world, including North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East. The firm has particular and distinctive strengths, both domestically and globally, in the areas of corporate, finance, capital markets, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, government advocacy, litigation and international arbitration, and intellectual property.