Leaders in Law the leading platform in its field, is delighted to welcome Vivian Desmonts as our exclusively recommended & endorsed M&A Law expert in China.
Vivian will focuses on building relationships with Chinese businesses entering or expanding in international markets, as well as international companies looking to do business in China. He is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Guangzhou office.
Vivian previously joined from DS Avocats after serving for a number of years as the firm’s Chief Representative in Guangzhou, having been instrumental in establishing the office there in 2007. He worked as an associate lawyer in the Paris office of DS Avocats and spent some time with the firm in Shanghai.
Licensed as a French attorney at law admitted to the Paris Bar, he is also a registered foreign lawyer with the Guangdong Provincial Bureau of Justice and arbitrator at the Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration.
Vivian broad expertise ranges from legal services and particular experience in advising clients on the establishment, acquisition, operations and restructuring of joint venture companies and wholly foreign owned enterprises in China. He has extensive knowledge of the Chinese market and wider region, and has worked with national and international clients from all sectors.
Career / Qualifications
- November 2019 – Gowling WLG (UK), Partner
- 2012 – Member of the panel of arbitrators, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
- 2007 – DS Avocats, Expatriate Partner, Chief Representative Guangzhou office
- 2007 – Registered foreign lawyer, Guangdong Bureau of Justice
- 2004 – Admitted to the Bar, Paris
- 2004 – DS Avocats, Associate
- 1999 – University of Paris II Assas, Master in Business and taxation law (Maitrise de droit des affaires et fiscalité)
- 1998 – DS Avocats, Paralegal/Intern
- 2000 – University of Paris II Assas, Postgraduate degree in Comparative law (DEA de droit comparé)
- 1998 – University of Le Havre Normandy, Bachelor in private law
English, French, Mandarin, Cantonese