The Communiqué on the Transition of Boats Located Abroad or Flying Foreign Flags to the Turkish Flag was published in the Official Gazette dated 03/03/2017 and numbered 29996, and this communiqué entered into force on the date of publication. With this communiqué, the Communiqué on the Importation of Ships, Marine and Inland Watercrafts for Private Use, Owned by Turkish, and Flying a Foreign Flag has been repealed. This communiqué has been prepared based on the provisions of the Decree-Law on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications, dated 26/9/2011 and numbered 655, and its provisions will be executed by the Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications. The general purpose of this Communiqué is to provide free circulation for the purpose of registration or registration of yachts, boats, boats, passenger and pleasure ships belonging to real and legal persons abroad or with a foreign flag hoisted. Conditions of Registration and Registration Conditions to be sought by the port authorities for the registration or registration and entry for free circulation of yachts, boats, boats, passenger and cruise ships located abroad or flying a foreign flag:
1) Acquisition before 27.01.2017, document showing that it is in the records of the country it carries the flag
2) Document showing that it has been withdrawn from the registration of the country whose flag is carried.
3) If the person to whom the boat will be registered is a real person, T.C. if the identification number is a legal person; signature circular, trade registry gazette, tax number,
4) Making a ship name application online
5) Document showing that the license fee or fee has been paid for registration in the mooring log 6) Measurement of the boats to be registered in the ship registry according to the national legislation
7) Based on the measurement values of the boat in the existing records for the registration to the mooring log The owner/owners of the boat will be responsible for the measurement process according to the national legislation within 1 (one) year at the latest after the mooring log license is issued.
Registration, Registration and Customs Procedures:
– Registration or registration of yachts, boats, boats, passenger and cruise ships fulfilling the above conditions is made by the port authority on behalf of all owners in the previous registration document. – For registration or registration, the request of one of the owners is required if the owner or if there is more than one owner.
– Customs procedures regarding registered or registered yachts, charter boats, boats, passenger and cruise ships are completed within sixty (60) days following the notification of the registration or registration of port authorities to the relevant customs administration.
– The notification of the registration or registration of port authorities to the relevant customs administration replaces the documents sought in accordance with the Import Legislation.