The Squire Patton Boggs: Public & Infrastructure Finance Practice Ranked in Top 10 Bond Counsels in US
The Squire Patton Boggs Public & Infrastructure Finance Practice Group has been ranked as one of the Top 10 Bond Counsel firms (by dollar volume) in the US in 2022, with 107 publicly-offered deals totalling $8.647 billion.
The strong performance of the practice group was recognized in Refinitiv’s annual United States Municipal Review for 2022, and highlighted in The Bond Buyer, the leading daily news source for the public finance industry.
Among the significant and diverse transactions the firm’s Public & Infrastructure Finance team advised on in 2022 were:
- serving as bond counsel for the bond and commercial financing for the construction of a new $4.2 billion Terminal 6 at John F. Kennedy International Airport;
- representing the US Virgin Islands in the successful closing of its historic $955.5 million Matching Fund Special Purpose Securitization Corporation bond offering; and
- serving as bond counsel for the “sustainability-linked” bond financing to fund NewLife Forest Restoration, a leading sustainable forest products business in the Southwest US, to scale forest restoration activities and reduce the occurrence of catastrophic wildfires.
In addition to the ranking among Top 10 national Bond Counsel overall, the firm was also ranked highly in several sub-categories, including:
- 8th for Negotiated Sales
- 14th nationally for Underwriter Counsel
- 12th nationally Special Tax Counsel (AT55)
- 6th nationally as Bond Counsel on privately placed issues
- 4th nationally for Underwriter Counsel on Green Bonds; and
- 9th nationally for Disclosure Counsel on Green Bonds
“In an important, competitive market for the financing of public and infrastructure projects, our talented team continues to deliver successful outcomes for our clients across the country,” said Bob Labes, leader of the Public & Infrastructure Finance Practice Group. “Demand for our services continues to grow at a critical time of investment in the nation’s infrastructure.”
Squire Patton Boggs has been nationally ranked as one of the top bond counsel firms for over a century, having served as bond counsel to more than 500 counties, cities, towns, school districts, service authorities, sanitary districts, states, state agencies, and other issuing entities in the United States. The firm has nearly 50 dedicated public infrastructure and finance lawyers located in eleven offices across the United States.