Dentons Strengthens UK Corporate Practice with Hire of M&A Partner in London
London—Dentons, the world’s largest global law firm, has hired an M&A partner into its UK Corporate practice.
James Vernon is experienced in both public and private M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance and corporate advisory work. He focuses on premium mid-market work covering international cross-border M&A for major corporates, private equity and institutional investors, and is an expert in public company takeovers. James joins from Eversheds Sutherland where he was a legal director in the corporate department, having previously practised at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
‘James’ experience of complicated, cross-border deals working with multi-disciplinary teams in multiple jurisdictions aligns exactly with the “Golden Thread” pillar of our five-year strategy, which is about supporting corporates across practice areas, sectors and geographies,’ said UK, Ireland and Middle East CEO Paul Jarvis.
‘Bringing in an experienced M&A partner so early in the year demonstrates the seriousness of our intent to support our clients on their most complex matters, as we anticipate increasing activity for domestic and cross-border M&A at the premium end of the mid-market in the year ahead,’ said Head of UK Corporate Neil Nicholson.
Recent deals for Dentons’ UK Corporate practice include advising:
- Astorg, a leading private equity group, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Avania from Kester Capital.
- Toronto Stock Exchange listed Chorus Aviation Inc. on the acquisition of Falko Regional Aircraft Limited (‘Falko’) for approximately USD$855 million.
- Capita plc on the sale of Trustmarque to One Equity Partners.
- CompareTheMarket owner BGL Group on the sale of BGL Insurance to Markerstudy.
- Private equity firm KSL Capital Partners on its acquisition of a stake in the eight-strong rural boutique hotels group The Pig Hotels.
- Mike Ashley’s St James Holdings Limited on the sale of Newcastle United FC in addition to acting on the arbitration for NUFC against the Premier League.
Dentons is designed to be different. As the world’s largest law firm with 20,000 professionals in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries, we can help you grow, protect, operate and finance your business. Our polycentric and purpose-driven approach, together with our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and ESG, ensures we challenge the status quo to stay focused on what matters most to you. www.dentons.com