Graduated from the University of London in 1979 with Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and obtained a Master of Laws in Shipping and Insurance in 1981. Called as a Barrister-at-Laws of Lincoln’s Inn, England in 1980. Admitted as Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore in 1982.
Worked in a leading bank and a leading international shipping company for 5 years before deciding to pursue a career in law. Worked in barrister’s chambers and a firm of London Solicitors from 1980 to 1982. Partner of Prakash, Gurbani & Chong from 1983 to May 1989.
Co-founder and partner of the firm.
Handles admiralty and shipping, marine and general insurance, carriage, international trade, and commercial litigation.
Accredited arbitrator on the panel of:
– Singapore International Arbitration Centre
– Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration
– Formerly accredited arbitrator on the panel of:
– Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
– Insurance Law Association of Singapore
– Maritime Law Association of Singapore
– Member of Complaints & Disciplinary Panel, Public Accountants & Disciplinary Panel, ACRA (March 2013 to March 2015)
– Committee member of the General Insurance Association of Singapore (Property and Marine Section)