Firm Name: Brolio Gonçalves Advogados
Practice Area: Competition Law
Leaders in Law endorses Priscila Brolio Gonçalves as our exclusively recommended Competition Law expert in Brasil. If you wish to get in touch with Priscila please use the contact information provided above.
Priscila Brolio Gonçalves has worked as a competition practitioner for more than 20 years. She has extensive experience in the representation of national and foreign clients, in a broad range of sectors, including technology, internet, entertainment and media, financial services and payment methods, footwear and clothing, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, education, healthcare, telecommunications, energy, outsourcing and security, infrastructure and automotive.
Work highlights include strategic defence in administrative and judicial investigations (cartel behaviour in national and international markets, bid rigging, unilateral conducts), negotiation of leniency agreements and settlements, submission of complex merger cases, challenge to complex merger cases, coordination of internal investigations (fraud and bribery), design and implementation of compliance programmes for small, medium-sized and large corporate clients, including listed companies.
She is a non-governmental adviser (NGA) for the International Competition Network (ICN) and actively participates in ICN’s unilateral conduct working group.
She is a currently a director of the Brazilian Institute of Competition, Consumer Affairs and International Trade, editor of the Institute’s magazine and a member of the American Bar Association antitrust section.
In addition to her professional and institutional duties, she is a regular lecturer, speaker and teacher on courses and seminars, and also sits on several examining boards. She has authored several articles, chapters and specialist magazines, as well as two books.
BGA is a law firm specialized in Economic Law, with focus in Competition/Antitrust, founded by Priscila Brolio Gonçalves and her team
BGA aggregates the experience of over 20 years, the credibility and the spotless reputation of Priscila, who was responsible to the first transaction notified to CADE under the pre-merger regime established by Law 12,529/11, with the talent and ingenuity of highly specialized young lawyers.
BGA’s associates have graduated in the best universities in Brazil, all in the top of their classes, and maintain a continued high-level education (LLM and PhD in Brazil and abroad) and constant training in economic law and related fields.
BGA’s team has been working together for years, in a highly integrated fashion, providing clients with strategic services in high profile and complex matters, in an ethical, skillful, innovative, discrete, and meticulous way.
The team has a thorough experience in dealing with complex matters, including merger control/clearance cases (submissions and oppositions) and behavior investigations (both cartel/horizontal and unilateral conduct investigations), competition advocacy, compliance training and policy design.
BGA’s lawyers are recognized for their strategic thinking, business orientation and high success rates.
Work highlights include:
- Clearance of complex transactions (national and cross border)
- Opposing and intervening in paradigmatic transactions
- Advising and representing clients in investigations regarding unilateral conducts (exclusivity clauses, resale price maintenance, discriminatory behavior, tying arrangements, refusal to deal, abuse of IP rights) in several industries, such as tobacco, food and beverage, footwear, health care, automotive, payment methods, collection of copyrights, entertainment, telecommunications and internet
- Advising and representing clients in investigations of cartel-related behavior, including bid rigging, collusive conducts and high-level global investigations, such as the Forex and LCD displays cases
- Negotiations of leniency and other cooperation agreements (TCCs)
- Compliance politics, drafting “Best Practices Booklets” and other documents, and promoting in-house trainings to publicly traded companies
- Advising clients in regulated industries, designing policy, drafting and commenting bills of law and regulations, representing clients and associations in public hearings, sector inquiries and parliamentary inquiries and investigations
BGA’s practice attracts representative clients (among top listed companies in Brazil and global companies), industry associations and high executives in a broad range of sectors, including Technology, Internet, Entertainment and Media, Financial Services and Payment Methods, Footwear and Clothing, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Education, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Energy, Outsourcing and Security, Infrastructure and Automotive. Clients usually return for new works.
BGA’s antitrust team is also respected by peers and authorities and is cited in national and international rankings and researches.