Pijan Wu is a Senior Counsel with LCS & Partners, specializing in energy and project finance. He received his J.S.D. degree from New York University School of Law and a LL.M. degree from Soochow University Graduate School of Law (LL.M., 1989).
Pijan is the head of the Energy Practice Group at LCS, and has frequently advised the Taiwan Bureau of Energy on highly sensitive regulatory matters. In 2012, the Group was given the Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award “Energy Law, Firm of the Year in Taiwan.”
Furthermore, Pijan works extensively on international transactions and dispute resolution. He is an renown expert of international trade regulations including foreign investment and the WTO rules. He is able to leverage this expertise in energy related international trade and foreign investment issues.
● “Solving the Problems of Incapacity of Unrecognized Foreign Juristic Persons under Taiwan Law: From the Transnational Legal Perspective”, Chinese (Taiwan) Review of International and Transnational Law, Vol.7:2, Dec. 2011, pp.293-320 (in Chinese).
● “Investment Protection Issues under ECFA between Taiwan and China”, in the COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION PAPERS (Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei, October, 2011) (in Chinese).
● “Corning (Taiwan) — Case Study on Corning’s Investment in Taiwan”, in OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE APEC REGION (APEC Human Resources Development Working Group Capacity Building Network, December 2008).
● “Study on the Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions Engaged by Born Globals”, National Taiwan University EMBA thesis, June 2008.
● “Taiwan‘s Legal Strategies in Response to the Emerging Regional Trading Arrangement – Proposal for WTO Rules”, 17 CHINESE REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL LAW, 2003, pp.29-67 (in Chinese)
● “An Analysis of the WTO Case ‘United States – Investigation of The International Trade Commission in Softwood Lumber From Canada’”, in TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION JOURNAL, December 2005 (in Chinese).
● “An Analysis of the WTO Case ‘United States – Section 129(C)(1) Of The Uruguay Round Agreements Act’”, in TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION JOURNAL, December 2005 (in Chinese).
● “An Analysis of the WTO Case ‘United States – Anti-Dumping Act of 1916’”, in TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION JOURNAL, December 2005 (in Chinese).
● “An Analysis of the WTO Case ‘Argentina – Definitive Safeguard Measure On Imports Of Preserved Peaches’”, in TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION JOURNAL, December 2004 (in Chinese)
● “An Analysis of the WTO Case “Chile – Price Band System And Safeguard Measures Relating To Certain Agricultural Products’”, in TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION JOURNAL, December 2003 (in Chinese)
● “Development of International Investment Regulations”, TAIWAN LAW REVIEW, October 1997 (in Chinese).
● “A Model of Regulatory Cooperation between Global and Regional Trading Regimes”, J.S.D dissertation at NYU Law School, 1996.
● “Trade and Environmental Protection: NAFTA”, in ROC RESPONSE TO INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: REFLECTION, OUTLOOK AND SUGGESTIONS (Research Project Commissioned by Environmental Protection Administration of ROC, 1996; in Chinese).