Firm Name: Rodríguez Dávalos Abogados
Practice Area: Oil & Gas Law
Fax: +1 52 (55) 52 02 37 72
Lomas de Chapultepec
As founding partner of Rodriguez Dávalos Abogados (RDA), Mr. Rodríguez capitalized his previous working experience in PEMEX, the national oil company, and in Crowell and Moring, an international law firm based on Washington D.C.
Mr. Rodríguez obtained his law degree in the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) and has graduate studies on foreign investment and in the energy sector legal framework, as well as on environmental law and public administration.
He is currently the managing partner of RDA, a leading law firm specialized in the energy and infrastructure businesses. He has led numerous first-of-a-kind projects in Mexico, such as:
- The first cross-border privately owned LPG pipeline (TDF, Altiplano);
- The negotiation and execution of the first interconnection agreement to the Pemex LP Gas pipeline;
- The execution of NAESB agreements for power generation companies, IPPs and natural gas IDCs in northern Mexico, among others;
- The Bordo Poniente Landfill Project, which consists in the generation of electricity by biogas;
- The first wet gas exportation pipeline to USA;
- The first compressed natural gas transportation system by truck,
- The first private petrochemical transportation pipeline, and
- The first solar-generated operational electricity project in Mexico.
Mr. Rodríguez is currently leading counsel of “Los Ramones” pipeline, one of the most important natural gas pipeline projects in Mexico.
In addition to his activities in RDA, Mr. Rodríguez is president of the Asociación de Derechos de Vía, A.C. (International Right of Way Association, Mexican Chapter). He has also been member of the Mexican Natural Gas Association for the past eighteen years, being currently its Secretary. Finally, he is legal advisor for the World Energy Council, Mexican section.