Firm Name: Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo
Practice Area: Commercial Litigation Law, Commercial Transaction Law
Fax: +62-21 831 5015
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. 1,
Leaders in Law endorses Dr. Mohamed Idwan Ganie as our exclusively recommended Commercial Litigation Law and Commercial Transaction Law expert in Indonesia. If you wish to get in touch with Dr. Ganie please use the contact information provided above.
Mohamed Idwan (‘Kiki’) Ganie is the Managing Partner of Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo (LGS). He graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Indonesia and holds a PhD in Law from the University of Hamburg, Germany. Dr. Ganie has more than 30 years of legal experience, and specializes in commercial transactions and commercial litigation, including alternative dispute resolution and has acted as an expert in a number court and arbitration proceedings. His expertise covers general corporate/company law, banking law, finance, bankruptcy and restructuring, mining, investment, acquisitions, infrastructure projects/project finance, antitrust, and shipping/aviation, with a particular focus on corporate governance and compliance.
- Chairman of the Association of Indonesian Anti-Trust Lawyers (Perkumpulan Konsultan Hukum Persaingan Usaha)
- Member of the Regional Panel of Arbitrators of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”)
- Chairman of the Indonesian Court of Arbitration of Sports (Badan Arbitrase Keolahragaan Indonesia)
- Fellow (FSIArb) of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators.
- Member of the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI), the Asia Pacific Bar Association, the Law Council of Australia (since 2006) and the Indonesian Association of Capital Market Lawyers.
- Member of Association for International Arbitration (AIA).
- Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
- Arbitrator at the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KRLCA).
Dr. Ganie’s international commercial transactions and litigation clients include:
- Goldman Sachs (US),
- Temasek Holdings (Singapore),
- Hutchison Whampoa (Hong Kong), and
- Mitsui (Japan)
Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo Law Firm
In the course of LGS’ more than 32 years of service, we have secured our position as the premier Indonesian corporate transaction and commercial litigation law firm. This combination of commercial law experience and litigation uniquely positions LGS to deal with the full range of commercial issues faced by our clients. We have experience representing a diverse range of clients, including domestic and multinational corporations, public and private companies, Government instrumentalities and State Owned Enterprises. We work closely with our clients to understand their problems, determine their needs, and arrive at practical solutions that are both cost-effective and viable over the long term.
“Our mission statement is: We put the law on your side. Some of our general core values are: “PARA” (Punctual, Accessible, Responsive and Accessible) and “FSC” (measurably Faster, Simpler and more Cost Efficient for our clients).”
LGS has obtained Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance certifications of ISO 9001:2008 for Quality Management systems and ISO 14001:2004 for Environmental Management systems to ensure the quality of the firm’s operations.