Firm Name: Nixon Peabody
Jurisdiction: USA - Massachusetts
Practice Area: Corporate Law
Leaders in Law endorses Christopher P. Keefe as our exclusively recommended Corporate Law expert in USA, Massachusetts. If you wish to get in touch with Chris please use the contact information provided above.
Christopher P. Keefe is the leader of Nixon Peabody’s Corporate practice group and a member of the Private Equity Funds team. In addition, Chris leads Nixon Peabody’s Big Data initiative, and is a member of the Life Sciences and Food, Beverage & Agribusiness practices. He represents privately held companies and funds in financings, corporate counseling and mergers and acquisitions.
What do you focus on?
For over twenty years, I have represented companies of all stages in the technology, consumer, life sciences and manufacturing verticals, as well as the venture and private equity funds that invest in them. I also represent buyers and sellers in middle-market mergers and acquisitions, as well as sophisticated clients in corporate transactions and strategic relationships. I enjoy a trusted advisor relationship with leading management teams and investors.
What do you see on the horizon?
With respect to the current dealmaking environment amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’ve seen little in the way of a consistent theme—the market has not moved in a monolithic way. Overall, volume is down—but we’ve had processes continue to move forward, while others have paused. Given the otherwise robust start to 2020, everyone is generally optimistic that when some level of normalcy returns to the market, it will result in a few strong quarters for dealmaking.
- Represented Sciformix Corporation in its sale to Covance Asia-Specific Inc. (a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings).
- Represented Eze Castle Integration, Inc., a leading provider of managed IT services, complete cloud solutions, and cybersecurity to more than 650 financial services clients worldwide in its sale to H.I.G. Capital.
- Represented Sensata Technologies, Inc., a worldwide manufacturer and supplier of sensors, controls, electrical protection and control, and power management solutions, in the divestment of its valves business, consisting of three subsidiaries (Schrader SAS, August France Holding Company SAS, and Schrader-Bridgeport International, Inc.) with significant facilities, operations, and employees in Virginia and France, to Pacific Industrial Co., Ltd. for approximately $173M enterprise value.
- Represented Capax Global, LLC, a Chicago-based technology company focused on cloud solutions, in connection with its sale to Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd.
- Represented Breakaway Ventures, LLC in its Series A Preferred Share investment in Grillo’s Pickles, Inc., a Massachusetts-based company that sells gourmet pickles in grocery stores across the U.S.
- Represented Exinda Inc. in its sale to a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurea Software, Inc., a portfolio company of ESW Capital, LLC. Exinda Inc. provides wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions.
- Represented ProcessOut, a software startup that helps SaaS & e-commerce companies monitor & optimize their payment performance, in its sale to CheckOut.com, a London-based payment platform.
- Represented Battery Ventures in numerous strategic transactions, including, its investment in Mews Systems BV, a Dutch company that provides a cloud-based property management software that helps hotels and hostels automate their operations; its investment in Nitro Software Pty Ltd, a provider of cloud software solutions; and its investment in AuditBoard, Inc., a software company that sells user-friendly SOX Compliance and Audit Management programs.
- Represented Yasso, Inc. in its transaction with Castanea Partners, Inc. Yasso is a Quincy, MA-based company that created the first-ever frozen Greek yogurt bars, which it sells nationwide.
- Represented Code Red, Inc., in its acquisition by FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS). Code Red provides research management technologies to the investment community, including endowments and foundations, institutional asset managers, sovereign wealth funds, pensions, and hedge funds.
University of Virginia, J.D.
American University, B.S.B.A., magna cum laude
Chris has been recognized for exceptional standing in the legal community in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 for Corporate/M&A (Massachusetts). He has also been recognized in Chambers in previous years. In addition, Chris has been recommended in The Legal 500 United States 2019 editorial for M&A/corporate and commercial—M&A: Middle-market (sub-$500m).
Christopher leads the firm’s ongoing sponsorship of the Harvard Business School Association of Boston. He is a member of the Boston and American bar associations.
We see 21st century law as a tool to help shape our clients’ futures.
Our focus is on knowing what is important to our clients now and next so we can foresee obstacles and opportunities in their space and smooth the way. We ensure they are equipped with winning legal strategies as they navigate the exciting and challenging times we live in.
Our ability to do this comes from these working principles:
- We’re curious and extremely focused on understanding our clients’ businesses and industries.
- We tap the collective intelligence of Nixon Peabody to deliver the best thinking and create value for our clients throughout the world.
- We lean forward into the future, together with our clients, to see and prepare for what’s ahead.
Working together, we handle complex challenges in litigation, real estate, corporate law and intellectual property anywhere in the world.
Predictive. Proactive. Grow your business.
Our clients need and expect excellent legal counsel. We complete the transaction, resolve the dispute, win the trial. Whatever the industry, wherever the geography.
We deliver high quality legal counsel for your needs right now, and are always looking ahead to what’s next. We follow, and often help shape, evolving legislation and see the key trends affecting your industry. Our teams monitor the political, economic and social landscape to predict future legal challenges and smooth your way.
But you can and should get more from your law firm.
With a uniquely pivotal role that connects companies, regulators, funders, and leaders, we offer our clients high-level partnership. We know your industry and get inside your business to help you achieve your goals. We create connections, form alliances, identify opportunities, minimize risks and help you find new customers.
We are here for all your legal needs.
Our new logo signals our intent—a dynamic “spark” that symbolizes both our innovative ideas and actions and the collective intelligence of the whole firm thinking ahead for our clients.