Firm Name: TozziniFreire Advogados
Practice Area: Life Sciences Law
São Paulo, SP - Brasil
Leaders in Law endorses Ana Cláudia Akie Utumi as our exclusively recommended Life Sciences Law expert in Brasil. If you wish to get in touch with Ana please use the contact information provided above.
Ana is consistently recognized as a leading tax specialist in national and international legal publications such as Chambers Global, Chambers Latin America, Latin Lawyer 250, Legal 500, PLC Which Lawyer?, Who”s Who Legal, Expert Guides, World Tax, Analise Advocacia 500, and others. She was chosen by Latin Lawyer Magazine as being among the 40 best Brazilian lawyers under 40, among the Best Latin American Tax Lawyers, and among the most prominent Latin American women lawyers who have excelled in their chosen area of practice. Ana Claudia is LACCA Approved 2016: Best Lawyers to work with for Tax in Latin America. Americas Women in Business Law Awards 2015 Award for Best lawyer in tax law in Latin America promoted by Euromoney Legal Media Group.
- Doctor of Laws degree in Economic Law from the Law School of Universidade de São Paulo (USP), 2006.
- Master”s in Tax Law from the Law School of Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP), 2001.
- MBA in Finance and Capital Markets from Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC), 1996.
- Graduate of the Law School of Universidade de São Paulo, 1994.
- Graduate in Business Administration from Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), 1992.
- Member of the Permanent Scientific Committee (PSC) of the International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Member of the Practice Council of the New York University School of Law International Tax Program.
- Professor in charge for legal subjects at Foundation Institute of Accounting and Financial Researches (FIPECAFI)´s Graduation Course in Accountancy.
- Professor in the MBA courses maintained by FIPECAFI.
- Visiting Professor at post-graduation courses in different Brazilian universities.
- Director of the Brazilian Association of Financial Law (ABDF-IFA Brazil).
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Tax Law (IBDT).
- Member of the Brazilian Association of Tax Law (ABRADT).
- Member of the Tax Research Institute (IPT).
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Financial Professionals Certification (IBCPF).
- Co-author of Practical Law – Tax in Finance Transactions. London: Thomson Reuters, 2015
- Co-author of the chapter Private equity, venture capital and investment funds, published at Brazilian Commercial Law: A Practical Guide 2nd edition. London: Kluwer Law International, 2015.
- Co-author of the publication Estrutura Legal dos fundos de Private Equity e Venture Capital no Brasil (Legal Structure of Private Equity and Venture Capital funds in Brazil), from Associação Brasileira de Private Equity & Venture Capital (ABVCAP),February, ed. 2014.
- Brazil – Brazilian Taxation on M&A Transactions chapter from the International Financial Law Review, 2012.
- O Não-Residente na Legislação do Imposto de Renda (The non-resident in the Income Tax Act) chapter from the book Direito Tributário Internacional Aplicado Volume V (International Tax Law Applied Volume V), coordinated by Heleno Taveira Tôrres. São Paulo: Quartier Latin do Brasil, 2008.
- Brazil chapter from the publication International Employee Equity Plans – Participation Beyond Borders Handbook. London: Kluwer Law International, 2003.
- Contributed to the book Planejamento Tributário & A Norma Geral Antielisão (Tax Planning and the General Anti-avoidance Rule). Curitiba: Juruá, 2003.
- Contributed to the book Impuestos Sobre el Comercio Internacional (Taxation on International Trade), coordinated by Victor Uckmar. Buenos Aires: Editorial Ábaco de Rodolfo Depalma, 2003.
- Contributed to the book Direito Tributário Internacional Aplicado (International Tax Law Applied), coordinated by Heleno Taveira Tôrres. São Paulo: Quartier Latin, 2003.
- Contributed to the book Tributos e Preços de Transferência Vol. 2 (Tax and Transfer Pricing Volume 2), coordinated by Luís Eduardo Schoueri. São Paulo: Dialética, 1999.
- Contributed to the book Planejamento Tributário Teoria e Prática Vol. 2 (Tax Planning Theory and Practice), coordinated by Valdir de Oliveira Rocha. São Paulo: Dialética, 1998.
- Contributed to the book Tributos e Preços de Transferência (Tax and Transfer Pricing), coordinated by Valdir de Oliveira Rocha. São Paulo: Dialética, 1999.