Firm Name: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Practice Area: Oil & Gas Law
Fax: +65 6636 7000
Ocean Financial Centre
Leaders in Law endorses David Phua as our exclusively recommended Oil & Gas Law expert in Singapore. If you wish to get in touch with David please use the contact information provided above.
David is a senior associate in our Asia Pacific energy and natural resources practice and is based in our Singapore office.
David represents a diverse range of international companies on oil and gas transactions, conventional and renewable power projects, and the drafting and negotiating of agreements for the transportation, storage and offtake of energy commodities. In particular, David is experienced in advising on all aspects of the LNG value chain, including export projects, import and regasification projects, spot and long term sale agreements as well as the downstream sale of regasified LNG. Most recently, David has acted as international counsel for greenfield export projects in the United States, Canada, East Africa and Papua New Guinea, as well as import projects in Singapore, Indonesia and India.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in connection with the development of the Mozambique LNG project and associated LNG sale and purchase agreements;
- PETRONAS in connection with the development of the Pacific Northwest LNG project in Canada;
- the Singapore LNG Corporation in connection with the multi-user LNG import terminal project in the Republic of Singapore, including advising on the terminal use arrangements and ancillary agreements;
- the Asian Development Bank in connection with the development of the Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan to India (TAPI) pipeline project, including advising on the gas transportation arrangements and shareholders’ agreement for the TAPI pipeline company; and
- Reliance Industires Limited in connection with the preparation and review of several Indian domestic long-term gas sale and purchase agreements.