Gregg A. Kinney focuses his practice on trials involving complex litigation matters, including:
- Toxic tort benzene exposure
- Products liability
- Premises liability
- Governmental and civil rights
- Jones Act and maritime lawsuits
- Trucking liability
Mr. Kinney has represented clients in Illinois, Missouri, and Ohio. He serves as regional counsel for a national client frequently named in toxic tort litigation in the Midwest. Mr. Kinney represents municipalities and police departments in constitutional claims, including deprivation of civil rights and police misconduct. He also represents local casinos, as well as a group of colleges and universities throughout Missouri, in personal injury and premises liability claims.
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Madison County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
AWARDS, HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2015-2018)
LAW SCHOOL HONORS/INVOLVEMENT
- Order of the Coif
LEGAL LECTURES & PRESENTATIONS
- “Governmental Immunities in Illinois and Missouri,” Tokio Marine HCC Public Risk Group presentation (Auburn Hills MI, 2017)
- “Preparing For and Taking a Medical Deposition,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2011)
- “Defending Plaintiff’s Claimed Medical Bills in Illinois and Missouri,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2009)
- “Litigating Slip and Fall Cases in Illinois,” HeplerBroom University (St. Louis MO, 2009)
REPRESENTATIVE/RECENT CASE RESULTS
- Obtained summary judgment for defendants on plaintiffs’ claims of false arrest, false imprisonment, defamation, negligent infliction of emotional distress, failure to train, and breach of contract. (Wallace, et al. v. City of Washington, et al., US District Court, Central District of Illinois, Case No. 1:14-cv-01457; March 2017)
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant as to plaintiff’s premises liability claim, based on issue of constructive notice. (Austin v. Alton Casino, LLC, US District Court, Southern District of Illinois, Case No. 3:14-cv-01258; September 2016)
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant on plaintiff’s claims of false arrest and failure to Mirandize. (Ray v. Kedzior and Martin, US District Court, Central District of Illinois, Case No.1:13-cv.01338; June, 2016)
Tracing its history to 1894, the law firm of HeplerBroom LLC is one of the most experienced and distinguished law firms in Missouri and Illinois. The Firm’s commitment to providing quality legal services that are responsive, innovative, and efficient has enabled us to grow steadily over the years and to offer an ever increasing array of legal expertise to our clients.
HeplerBroom LLC’s trial lawyers handle cases in a wide variety of areas, primarily representing defendants in civil law suits including CLASS ACTION, PHARMACEUTICAL & MEDICAL DEVICES, PRODUCTS LIABILITY, PERSONAL INJURY, ASBESTOS & TOXIC TORT, EMPLOYMENT & LABOR, MEDICAL & PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY, NURSING HOME LAW, INSURANCE LAW, COMMERCIAL & ANTITRUST LITIGATION as well as WHITE COLLAR CRIMINAL DEFENSE.
HeplerBroom LLC offers sophisticated estate planning services for business owners and other individuals with substantial net worth.
HeplerBroom LLC provides comprehensive representation for its business clients, from entity selection and formation to day-to-day management and employment issues, tax planning, contract preparation, real estate matters, succession planning and representation in mergers, acquisitions, and sales.
With four offices in Illinois [EDWARDSVILLE (next to the Madison County courthouse), SPRINGFIELD, CHICAGO, and CRYSTAL LAKE (located in McHenry County)], one in downtown ST. LOUIS, and our newest location in northwestern Indiana (HAMMOND), the firm is conveniently located to serve clients throughout Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Indiana.