Leaders in Law endorses Roland Sanchez-Medina as our exclusively recommended Corporate Law expert in Florida, USA. If you wish to get in touch with Roland please use the contact information provided above.
Roland Sanchez-Medina Jr. is a partner who focuses his practice in the areas of corporate and securities law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring/restructuring, board governance, domestic and international commercial transactions, commercial and residential real estate transactions, tax and estate planning, and other general transactional services.
Prior to forming the Firm, Mr. Sanchez-Medina was a partner at the national law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery, where he was a member of the Corporate Department, and was a senior associate at the national law firm of Holland & Knight.
Notable Client Work
- Representation of Estate Investments Group to secure a $57.8 Million Construction Loan
- Representation of electronics company in $32 million initial public offering
- Representation of Miami Heat in $20 million revolving line of credit
- Representation of real estate development company in $50 million proﬁt sharing agreement with private equity fund
- Representation of client in sale of copyright and other intangible assets to Televisa S.A. de C.V. for $20 million
- Representation of a real estate developer in $45 million acquisition of real estate
- Serve as outside general counsel to 8th largest equipment rental company in the United States, including the leasing of more than 70 retail branches across the United States
- Serve as outside general counsel to major South Florida real estate developer
- Representation of investor in $45 million investment in private equity fund
- Representation of client in corporate break-up of major restaurant chain
- Representation of municipality in ground lease of largest parcel of undeveloped land east of US 1 in Miami-Dade County
Professional & Civic Activities; Honors & Recognitions
- Selected as Best Lawyer in America®
- Selected as Legal EliteTM by Florida Trends Magazine
- Selected as SuperLawyer® in Law & Politics Magazine
- Selected as Top Transactional Attorney by South Florida Legal Guide
- Selected as Finalist for Top Dealmaker Daily Business Review
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review RatingsTM, the highest rating possible indicating preeminent legal ability and professional ethics in Mr. Sanchez-Medina’s areas of practice
- Board of Governors, The Florida Bar
- Orange Bowl Committee, Member
- Chairman, Budget & Audit Committee, Miami-Dade County School Board
- Chairman, Business, Corporations and Financial Services Committee of Business Law Section, The Florida Bar
- General Counsel, South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Cuban American Bar Association, President
- National Conference of Bar Presidents
Awards & Public Engagements
- Southeastern Regional hearing of the ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights & Responsibilities, May 2011
- Golden Eagle Award, Florida Minority Community Reinvestment Coalition, Inc., 2010
- After School All Stars, Hispanic Heritage Honoree, 2009
Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Gomez & Machado LLP is an AV-Rated, South Florida-based law firm offering its clients expertise in a wide range of areas including corporate, securities and lending transactions, complex commercial and business litigation and trial practice, labor and employment, white-collar criminal defense, commercial and residential real estate transactions, with an emphasis in both lender and developer representation, tax, asset protection and estate planning, immigration and naturalization, government relations and entertainment, sports and art law.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in handling matters for key industries, including financial, banking and insurance services, real estate, healthcare, manufacturing and industrial, telecommunications and entertainment, having represented a number of Fortune 500, publicly traded and privately held businesses, as well as high-net worth individuals. Being located in a gateway city such as Miami, we represent clients in transactions and legal proceedings both domestically and abroad. The firm enjoys client relations throughout the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Corporate and Securities Transactions
Our corporate and securities group counsels clients representing a broad array of industries, as well as high net worth individuals. Our lawyers have extensive experience representing corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships and other entities, both publicly-traded and privately-held, in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, divestitures, joint ventures, finance, board governance, domestic and international commercial transactions, tax planning, and other general transactional services.
The Firm routinely negotiates and prepares asset and stock sale and purchase agreements; share exchange and merger agreements; securities offering documents; shareholder, operating and partnership agreements; stock option plans and agreements; and other documents affecting the issuance and transfer of debt and equity instruments, the rights of equity and debt holders and the overall management of the organization.