Leaders in Law endorses Glen M. Lindsay as our exclusively recommended Real Estate Litigation Law expert in Florida, USA. If you wish to get in touch with Glen, please use the contact information provided above.
Born in Houston, Texas, Glen M. Lindsay earned his B.S. in Communication Studies and Philosophy from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois where he was a four-year recipient of the Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship and a joint JD/MBA (Finance) from the University of Miami where he was a Graduate Assistant to Prof. Ann M. Olazabal, Esq. researching issues related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act.
Glen’s practice concentrates primarily on business, regulatory and real estate litigation with an emphasis on matters involving fraud and/or deceptive business practices as well as matters at the intersection of commercial litigation and government regulatory compliance.
In 2019, Glen secured an order of dismissal in federal court in a matter of first impression successfully arguing that when attempting to secure a maritime lien on a vessel that designated as a “blocked asset” by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”), the party seeking imposition of the maritime lien must obtain licensure from OFAC prior to bringing an admiralty action. Versilia Supply Service SRL et al. v. M/Y Waku, 0:18-cv-62975-Cohn/Seltzer (Apr. 16, 2019).
Prior to joining Saavedra-Goodwin in 2016, Glen was an attorney with two NLJ 350 law firms where he represented numerous Fortune 500 companies focusing primarily on consumer finance and federal regulatory compliance matters.
Glen has an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been selected as a Rising Star since 2018 by Florida Super Lawyers, a distinction earned by only 2.5% of lawyers. Glen is a member of the Broward County and American Bar associations.
Glen is admitted to the bar in Florida, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Real Estate Litigation
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- AV Rating From Martindale Hubbell
- Selected To Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2018 – 2021
- “Top Lawyers” South Florida Legal Guide 2021
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. – 2008
- University of Miami School of Business
- M.B.A. – 2008
- Honors: Graduate Assistant to Prof. Ann M. Olazabal, Esq.
- Major: Finance
- Northwestern University
- B.S. – 2004
- Honors: Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship
- Major: Communication Studies
- Major: Philosophy
Classes & Seminars
- OFAC Sanctions and Corporate Compliance: Mitigating Risks, Optimizing Opportunities in 2020 (with Adrienne Goins, Esq. and Kevin Petrasic, Esq.) – The Knowledge Group February 5, 2020 (webinar)
- OFAC Sanctions and Corporate Compliance: Mitigating Risks, Optimizing Opportunities (with Tyler Grove, Esq.) – The Knowledge Group November 14, 2019 (webinar)
- Foreclosure Offense: Litigation Under RESPA and the FDCPA – ProLaw CLE August 29, 2018 (webinar)
- Is Your Corporate Website a Litigation Risk? (with Andrew Wyman, Esq.) – Boca Raton Rotary Club February 8, 2018
- Northwestern University Alumni Admissions Council
- City of Fort Lauderdale Nuisance Abatement Board, 2020-present
- Another Threat to Business Websites – This Time Through the ADA – Miami Herald November 19, 2017
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Established in 1988, Saavedra-Goodwin provides the experienced, high-quality representation typical of a large law firm, in the warm and personal atmosphere normally only found in a boutique law firm. We counsel local, national and international clientele and offer a broad spectrum of Florida legal representation to our corporate and individual clients.
Saavedra-Goodwin handles both very simple and complex corporate and real estate transactions, as well as business litigation. We have extensive experience in Florida real estate law, business disputes and litigation, as well as a wide variety of aviation-related matters. We are proud to be a State of Florida Certified Minority-Owned Business.
Representing Florida Businesses For Over 30 Years
As an established firm with a focus on personal service, we offer a wide variety of services and solutions. From the simple to the complex, on land, in the air or near the sea, we have both the transactional and the litigation experience you need to resolve your legal matter. We work hard to prioritize the issues which are important to your business and deals, to achieve superior results. We have been helping Florida businesses succeed since 1988.
Saavedra-Goodwin routinely acts as Florida counsel for out-of-state law firms and businesses seeking Florida lawyers experienced in the nuances of Florida law for litigation, business and real estate transactions. Whether the client is an entrepreneurial startup or a multinational company, our mission is to understand our client’s business in order to offer clear and practical advice. Our role can be as extensive or as limited as the circumstances of your case or issue require. Whatever our role, the solutions which we offer to our client’s challenges will always ensure that our client can continue to thrive and grow their business.
An Established Firm For Aviation Services
Saavedra-Goodwin provides a wide variety of aviation-related services, including experienced representation in aircraft transactions, aircraft financing, aircraft registration, aircraft titles and liens, state and federal tax planning concerning aircraft ownership and use, FAA Certification and Enforcement representation, aircraft title work and aviation-related litigation representation.
Attorney Owned And Operated Title Company
Lawyers Land Title Company is the in-house title company of Saavedra-Goodwin, representing Chicago Title, Fidelity Title and Attorneys Title Insurance Fund/Old Republic Title Insurance Companies. We are proud to announce that Lawyers Land Title Company has been awarded the Exceptional Achievement Award from the Chicago Title Insurance Company every year since 2011 based upon the level of service we provide and the volume of our transactions. Saavedra-Goodwin and Lawyers Land Title Company have written billions in title coverage for fee simple, leasehold, owner and lender policies in both commercial and residential settings. Please visit our attorney-owned and operated title company at www.lawyerslandtitle.com.
We Develop Strong Co-Counsel Relationships
Saavedra-Goodwin, has established co-counsel relationships with other Florida specialty firms, as well as national law firms, in order to ensure that we serve all of our clients’ legal needs, in all jurisdictions.