Leaders in Law endorses Ingrid Chen as our exclusively recommended Corporate Law expert in Taiwan. If you wish to get in touch with Ingrid please use the contact information provided above.
Ingrid Chen is the Partner of DTT Attorneys-at-Law and specializes in corporate investments, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), capital market, banking, securities and insurance law and compliance, and general corporate matters. She has assisted reputable domestic and foreign companies in accomplishing onshore and offshore investments and M&A transactions, advised clients on the PRC outbound and inbound investment regulations and assisted cross-border companies to obtain Taiwan related approvals. She also actively participates in the capital market area, representing multiple foreign issuers to raise funds, list their shares on TWSE/TPEx and issue TDRs in Taiwan as well as IPO on HKEX and the PRC. Ingrid Chen is also familiar with banking, securities and insurance laws and regulations and has assisted clients in compliance and regulatory filings.
- LL.M. in Corporate Law, New York University School of Law with an Advanced Professional Certificate in Law and Business, New York, U.S.A (2006)
- LL.M. in Civil Law and Business Law, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (2004)
- LL.B., National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (2001)
Member, Taipei Bar Association
Chinese and English
DTT Attorneys-at-Law has the experience and multidisciplinary capability to provide a wide range of professional services to help companies meet their objectives, with skilled and experienced lawyers working together with other Deloitte professionals in audit and assurance, tax, risk management advisory, consulting, and financial advisory to guide our clients through a project in a coordinated way.
DTT Attorneys-at-Law team members come from top law firms in Taiwan, having considerable experience in local and transnational consultation and negotiation. In our legal team, we have lawyers with Taiwan bar admissions, all graduated from first-rate domestic and international law schools. Our practice covers tax controversy resolutions, M&A, general civil and administrative law practice, including fields of intellectual property law, employment and pension laws, and various specialised services such as regulatory compliance consultation for businesses. Our tax controversy resolution covers almost every type of tax dispute that businesses and individuals in Taiwan may encounter, and our M&A practice has assisted many investors in seeking opportunities in South East Asian countries, including services related to mergers, convertible securities, share transactions, M&A, joint ventures, group restructuring, corporate split-up and strategic alliances, IPO, privatization, and. In addition, we offer regulatory compliance consultation services to help many regulated businesses set policies and risk management plans in accordance with statutory requirements of the laws, such as the Personal Data Protection Act and the Money Laundering Control Act.
As part of the Deloitte Legal global network with over 2,200 legal professionals in more than 81 countries around the globe and 20 lawyers in two offices in Taiwan, DTT Attorneys-at-Law is able to offer professional and practical consultation services in many fields of national and international business laws, including, but not limited to the regulations related to family-owned private companies, start-up companies, listed companies or international group companies. Leveraging multidisciplinary expertise in our industry groups, ie, banking and securities, energy and resources, manufacturing, consumer business, TMT and real estate, enables us to render interdisciplinary advice which considers industry- or sector-specific trends and developments and thereby help our clients face the challenges of an ever-changing regulatory and economic environment.
We regard legal advice not as an independent element, but as an important contributing factor to solutions of issues clients face. In collaboration with other Deloitte professionals, we help our clients make decisions by taking into consideration the legal, entrepreneurial, tax and other business aspects, and serve as a contact window to connect clients with other divisions or member firms within the Deloitte network. Through Deloitte Legal, clients can easily avail of the assistance of professionals for all business needs..
*‘Deloitte Legal’ means the legal practices of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firm affiliates that provide legal services. For legal and regulatory reasons, not all member firms provide legal services.
Main areas of practice: DTT Attorneys-at-Law provides an integrated “one-stop” consultation service to clients for cross-border transactions through a combination of insights and innovation with business and industry knowledge to help clients excel globally. In Taiwan, we have offices in Taipei and Kaohsiung. Key areas of our legal services are set out below:
- Commercial law solutions: Our team assists clients in dealing with corporate investment and reorganization; consultation on civil and commercial matters; fair trade, competition and anti-merger control; consumer protection and franchising; intellectual property rights regarding licensing and joint-development and trade secret protection. We have a wide spread of clients from financial to manufacturing, technology, green-energy and power plants, biotech and pharmaceutical, real estate and hotel industries.
- Compliance service: We provide consultation on corporate governance, compliance advisory regarding personal information management system (PIMS), anti-money laundering (AML) and other legal compliance issues, regulated new ventures and technology such as FinTech, RegTech, and information technology. Our clients include financial holdings companies, hospitals and department sto
- Mergers and acquisition (M&A) and capital market consultation: We have extensive experience in assisting public and private companies on M&A and securities offering in terms of deal structure, strategy for negotiation, legal advice, transaction documents preparation, regulatory approval application and closing. In recent years, we have assisted a number of group companies on restructuring or privatization procedures as well as pre-IPO investment.
- Employment and pension solutions: Our team provides legal services related to employment and pensions, global mobility, review of work rules and employment contract, advice on occupational safety hazard and health regulations, lay-off and mass-redundancy, as well as labour dispute resolution.
- Tax and legal controversy solutions: We specialize in consulting for tax disputes on income tax, business tax, estate tax and gift tax for both corporate and individual clients. We provide tax pre-litigation strategy from a practical perspective, and may represent clients in tax-related administrative and civil proceedings.
- Law and tech innovation solutions: Our team has profound experience in advising data, cyber, IT, e-commerce, cloud and IP laws (eg, copyright, patent, trademark and trade secrets) as well as litigation and arbitration for dispute resolution. We may leverage our legal and regulatory capabilities to provide clients with integrated, holistic solutions to sustain and prosper in this IoT world.
- Legal service for Japanese enterprises: We have a fully-dedicated team whose members are ﬂuent in Japanese and can provide clients with the most comprehensive legal services. Aside from registration as Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi (foreign aﬀairs attorney) in Japan, we also have lawyers who have obtained master’s degrees from well-known Japanese universities and have extensive working experience in Japan. Our lawyers are not only experienced and have excellent knowledge of Japanese but are also quite familiar with Japanese business culture and can provide Japanese business clients with the most eﬃcient, professional and comprehensive legal services.