Leaders in Law endorses Li-Pu Lee as our exclusively recommended Corporate Law expert in Taiwan. If you wish to get in touch with Li-Pu, please use the contact information provided above.
- Real Estate
- Merger and acquisition
- Cross-border transactions
- Corporate governance and legal compliance
- Family governance and business succession
- Emerging technologies
- Litigation and Arbitration
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis(USA)
- LL.M., Washington University in St. Louis (USA)
- LL.B., Tunghai University (Taiwan)
- Researcher, the research project of “Amendment to Bankruptcy Law” commissioned by the Bank Association of the Republic of China
- Director, Keelung Bar Association
- Researcher, Review Project of Mergers and Acquisitions Act for Enterprises Act” (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
- Researcher, “A Study on the Models of MMA for Financial Institutes (including Financial Holding Companies)”(The Bureau of Monetary Affairs, Financial Supervisory Commission)
- Adjunct assistant professor, National Open University and Chungyu Institute of Technology
- Lecturer, Chinese Land Professional Training Center (Criminal Liability in Public Construction)
- Lecturer, Taiwan Construction Research Institute (Criminal Liability in Public Construction)
- Lecturer, Professional Training Program on Maintenance and Management of Bridges in 1998 held by the Institute of Transportation of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (Prevention of Criminal Liability for Construction Officers)
Formosan Brothers Attorneys-at-law was founded in 1997. The Chinese characters represent the land and the ocean respectively. Taken together, the characters symbolize the universe. Our name is a reflection of Formosan Brothers’ vision: to recruit the best legal talent, and with our team, provide worldwide services to our clients both domestically and abroad.
For more than 25 years since Formosan Brothers was founded, with a passion for the law and care for people, we have been providing our clients with high-quality legal services based on our belief in honesty, professionalism, responsibility, and teamwork, earning the trust and recognition of our clients. To us, our clients are also our partners; we strive to remain vigilant about the most cutting-edge technological issues and global trends. This way, we can combine our perspective and unparalleled legal services to form a tailor-made team to fit our client’s ever-evolving needs.
How we work
Aside from our efforts to cultivate and service the domestic legal market, Formosan Brothers also achieved significant success internationally. Many of our attorneys are licensed to practice both in Taiwan and foreign jurisdictions; contributing to our deep knowledge of international legal matters. What sets Formosan Brothers apart from our competitors, especially other international law firms, is that our team of attorneys and consultants also receive legal training in Taiwan. As such, our team understands Taiwan unique cultural and business nuances. Our international clients take comfort in knowing that we will combine both international knowledge and domestic understanding to craft the most suitable solutions to transnational matters. This unique offering remains one of Formosan Brothers’ most acclaimed advantages.
Over the years, Formosan Brothers has helped numerous internationally-renowned enterprises and transnational corporations handle litigious and non-litigious legal affairs in Taiwan, gaining high recognition in the international legal community. Our firm and our colleagues have repeatedly won nominations as outstanding law firm and outstanding lawyers in various fields by internationally-renowned legal organizations and magazines such as CHAMBERS, ASIALAW, IFLR100, Corporate INTL, etc. In addition, through years of cooperation with well-known foreign law firms by establishing and maintaining good relationships with them, Formosan Brothers has expanded its cooperation network to 124 countries and regions worldwide. Therefore, in addition to providing legal services in Taiwan, when our clients have any legal needs in other countries, we can promptly assist them in obtaining the necessary legal services overseas.