Mikael Wahlgren is former general counsel, business lawyer, corporate lawyer, board member and arbitrator specialised in international and Swedish commercial law, company law, acquisition, dispute resolution, board work, arbitration and has lectured on Department of Commercial Law at Lund University and a number of international legal conferences. He helps his clients, based on their extensive experience, to ensure that companies have the legal support, strategy and risk awareness that they should have in order to ensure that they avoid the legal problems and make use of the legal opportunities that Their activities are facing. In this way, our customers get the right focus on the legal support they need and how they can achieve it in a cost-and time-efficient way.
– University of Lund, (Sweden) Master of Laws with specialisation on:
– Comparative Law (Anglo-Saxon Contract law v. Swedish Contract law).
– European Union Law (Studied at the Legal faculty at the University of Copenhagen).
– CEDR’s Mediator Skills Training -CEDR Accredited Mediator
– EFL’s Board Programme
– Handling decisions and strategies connected with legal matters when doing business in e.g. Asia, Africa, Russia, China and USA
– Managing, supervising and delivering comprehensive legal business support to the management of several Swedish med tech and life science companies, e.g. relating to legal support in business and corporate legal matters, corporate governance matters and establishing the best internationalisation strategy.
– Managing, supervising and delivering adequate and comprehensive legal business support to the management and concerned employees of my employers, e.g. relating to the negotiations and performance of infrastructure- and energy projects in Asia and Africa, as well as international sales and purchases of manufactured goods.
– Providing legal strategy and support to the successful development and execution of major infrastructure projects, e.g. Uri Hydropower Project in Kashmir (India), the Öresund bridge, and the A2 Toll Motorway project in Poland.
– Handling about 20 acquisitions in Europe, Asia and the USA, ranging from 100 MUSD to 14 BnNOK
– CEDR accredited mediator and member of the CEDR Exchange.
– Swiss Arbitration Association
– International Chamber of Commerce
– London Court of International Arbitration
– The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
– Having acted as Mediator in a Swedish generation shift dispute.
– Having acted as Arbitrator in one Swedish and one international case. Both case was settled before the delivery of any award.
– Managing and supervising arbitrations, litigations and other legal disputes relating to, e.g. international contracts and general international commercial laws issues, especially concerning the construction, energy and manufacturing business.
– Successfully managing the defence of a multimillion Euro claim from a joint venture partner in Singapore. The arbitration awarded us no liability for the claimed damage.
– Successfully managing and providing strategic advice regarding Alfa Laval’s asbestos claims in the US. Resulting in the avoidance of any payment of major damages and managing to fend of the most aggressive plaintiff lawyers.
– Vice President, Group General Counsel & Company Secretary; Alfa Laval Group (Lund, Sweden)
– Senior Legal Counsel; NCC Construction Sweden AB (Stockholm, Sweden)
– Senior Legal Counsel; Rolls-Royce Power Venture Ltd (London, England)
– Legal Counsel; Asea Brown Boveri Ltd, ABB Business Services Ltd and ABB Alstom Power N.V., (Baden, Switzerland)
– Legal Counsel; Skanska International Civil Engineering AB (Danderyd, Sweden)
– Vice-Chairman and Co-Chairman of the International Bar Association’s subcommittee for Financing Structures.
– Member of the European International Contractor’s Workgroup for Financing issues, focusing on contractual and financial issues connected with international construction projects.
– Legal advisor to the International Tunnelling Association, organising 73 Member Nations and 300 corporate or individual affiliate members and focusing on issues connected with International Tunnelling and Underground works.
– Lecturing, for several years, at the department of Business Law and The Faculty of Law at the Lund University “Agent and distribution agreements”, ”Dispute resolution in practice” and competition and intellectual property right matters.
– Speaking at a number of Swedish and international conferences, e.g. IBC Euroforum in-house counsel conference in Stockholm (about “Corporate Governance”), IBA’s Annual Conference in Prague and Durban (about “Multiparty proceedings in engineering projects” and “Project Alliances: (Why) do they work? – A Developer’s view”), The Stockholm Chamber of Commerce in Stockholm (about “NCC Partnering concept”) and King’s College in London (about “a developer’s view on FIDIC’s Standard forms and best practise regarding standard forms”).