Anomi heads our Intellectual Property Group. She has extensive experience in the full range of enforcement, management and transactional matters pertaining to intellectual property law, including representing clients before the National Intellectual Property Office, acting for multinationals as well as Sri Lankan conglomerates in respect of infringement actions, applying for injunctions and search and/or seizure orders. She also overlooks the drafting and reviewing of contracts and advises on regulatory compliance matters.
Call To The Bar:
• April 1984
Date Of Joining The Firm:
• May 1984
• Attorney-at-Law & Notary Public
• LLM (Wales)
• Post Attorney Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
• Post Attorney Diploma in International Trade Law
• Post Attorney Diploma in Banking and Insurance Law (Distinction)
Area Of Practice:
• Intellectual Property
• Litigation & Arbitration
- Comparison of Hague – Visby and Hamburg Rules
- Parallel Imports and some aspects of Trademark Law (J.M. Swaminathan / Anomi Wanigasekera
- Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Sri Lanka
- Geographical Indications in Sri Lankan Law
- Sri Lanka – Patent Law in the Asia Pacific Region
• Bar Association of Sri Lanka – Life Member
• Colombo Law Society – Member
• Member of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association
• Jt. Secretary, Asian Patent Attorneys Association – Sri Lanka Group
• International Association of Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) Sri Lanka Group – Member
• Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
Julius and Creasy is one of the oldest civil law firms in Sri Lanka. Founded in 1879, the firm has established itself on rich tradition and the highest professional principles. Julius and Creasy’s wealth of expertise and experience in a wide range of specialised fields of Law enables it to offer innovative legal and business solutions to a diverse, sophisticated and high-profile clientele.
The firm’s strong reputation for excellence in legal services and professional staff has allowed it to build a vast national and international client base including multinational companies, financial institutions, public and private sector companies and traditional private clientele. Major cross-border assignments for international clients has added to our vast experience and expanded our global reach.
The firm has acted on many occasions as the local legal counsel for the Issuers and the Lead Managers in Bond issues of local financial institutions which are marketed internationally, and advised on the local regulatory aspects in connection therewith and issued Legal Opinions thereon.