Wendy Lam is the Partner of Stevenson, Wong & Co. She was admitted to practise as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 1992 and joined the firm in 2001. She specializes in all aspects of family law disputes. She has extensive experience in:
- handling complex cases with an international dimension, especially those involving disputes over jurisdictions, financial issues involving multiple jurisdictions, trusts and applications under Part IIA of the Hong Kong Matrimonial Proceedings and Property Ordinance
- drafting pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- advising on children related matters including relocation of children, wardship applications and applications under the Hague Convention on Abduction of Children.
Wendy served as an Honorary Secretary of the Hong Kong Family Law Association from 2009 to 2014. She was, in 2014, admitted to become a Fellow of the renowned International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a worldwide association of practising lawyers who are recognised by their peers as the most experienced and skilled family law specialists in their respective countries.
Wendy also specializes in succession planning and probate work, assisting both local and expatriate clients in estate planning, including drawing up complicated Wills, advising clients on the setting up of trusts and handling probate applications with estates in multiple jurisdictions.
Wendy is the contributor to the Hong Kong Chapter of “International Succession”. She was also one of the speakers at the STEP Asia Conference 2016 on “Trust under attack – Spousal attack and community property restrictions”
- University of Hong Kong (LL.B., 1989)
- University of Hong Kong (PCLL, 1990)
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong – 1992
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales – 1994
- Civil Celebrant of Marriage
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers