Attorney and Public Notary authorized by the Republic of El Salvador to practice law. She has a Degree in Legal Sciences from the Central American University “José Simeon Cañas, UCA”.
Additionally, she participated in various seminars and specialized courses on Competition Law, Consumer Protection Law and Electoral Law.
Also, she has participated on international conferences of Arbitration and Labor Law issues in Ibero-American level.
Associate specialized in Corporate, Immigration and Labor Law.
She is in charge of the Labor Law Department of the firm, in which she advices on individual and collective contracts, internal labor manuals, occupational health and safety manuals, work permits for foreigners, labor audits, administrative and labor judicial processes, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, she held judicial functions in the Civil and Mercantile 1st Court of San Salvador, as well as in the Antitrust Superintendence.
Raquel joined the firm in 2014.
We are a group of lawyers and notaries with business and financial training with field of action in El Salvador and abroad. We combine the practice of a traditional office with current innovation and technology needs.
Our firm was founded in 2009 by lawyers with more than 35 years in the practice of law and young lawyers highly trained in legal, financial and business matters both in El Salvador and abroad, which makes us a solid firm to be your best legal allies.
In that sense, more than lawyers, we are business legal advisors that attend to the immediate needs of your business from the perspective of your interests.
Torres is a firm with an international vocation, with lawyers trained in the most prestigious law and business universities worldwide, with international experience on issues related to the structuring of foreign investments.
Some of our most outstanding services are:
Legal Tech Services
- Fintech advisory
- Electronic signature
- Electronic commerce advisory
- Data Protection
- Reg tech
- Tax Audit
- Customs processes
- Direct Taxation (Income, Capital Gain)
- Indirect Taxation
Corporate and Commercial Law
- Foreign investment
- Legal Agreements
- Management of Electricity Generation Projects
- Due Diligence
- Tender and Public Procurement
- Notarial Law
- Advice related to anti-money laundering policies.
- Creation of a money laundering prevention manual.
- Preparation of ethics manuals.
- Registration of companies with the Financial Investigation Unit of the Attorney General’s Office.
- Registration and accreditation before supervisory entities in the matter of anti-money laundering.
- Monitoring, audit, and periodic compliance evaluations programs.
- Preparation and drafting of legal and regulatory compliance policies.
Labour and Immigration Law
- Work Permits for Foreigners
- Labor audits
- Administrative and Judicial Labor Processes
- Individual and Collective Contracting
- Internal Work Regulations
- Occupational Health and Safety