Aglika Ivanova is Attorney-at-Law, European Trademark & Design Attorney, and Bulgarian Trademark, Design and Patent Attorney.
She has specialised in legal advice and consultations in the area of Intellectual and Industrial property trademarks, patents, plant varieties, industrial design, copyright). Representation of clients before the Bulgarian courts – all instances in connection with patent, trademark, copyright litigation cases and in connection with enforcement and infringement cases and procedures; Representation before the Commission on unfair competition and before the Commission on Consumer protection; representation before the Bulgarian customs in connection with border control for protection of IP rights; representation before the Investigation authorities (prosecution and police in connection with criminal cases for infringement of intellectual property rights).
Education: Masters Degree in Law, Specialisation in Patent Law, Specialisation in European Trade Marks and Designs
Current and previous positions: Partner in IP Consulting – www.ipconsulting.eu, Executive Secretary of the Association of Trade Mark Owners in Bulgaria, Consultant of the specialised site for copyright www.copyrights.bg, consultant of the National Portal of Intellectual Property www.ipbulgaria.bg
Author and co-author of the following publications:
- Ivanova, А.& Ivanov, I; “Building and Enforcing Intellectual property in Bulgaria”; IP Value, WhiteHouse publication, 2006;
- Ivanovа, А. “Intellectual property in Bulgaria”; IP Overview 2006, IP Bulgaria publication, 2006;
- Ivanova, A. „Successful implementation of administrative measures for protection of IP rights” IPBulgaria IP Overview 2007, IP Bulgaria publication, 2008;
- Burrows,R.; Overdijk T.; Ivanova,A. “Customs seizures: An understood weapon in your armory?” FloraCultura; January 2010;
- consultant of the first Bulgarian edition of the book “Intellectual Property – a Power Tool for economic growth” with author Dr. Kamil Idris, former General Director of WIPO World Intellectual Property Organization);
- Ivanova,A & Ivanov, I. “Bulgaria’s opposition system – the devil’s in the detail”, World Trademark Review, 2014;
- Ivanova,A & Ivanov, I. “Trade marks (opposition in Bulgaria and the OHIM)”; IP Bulgaria publishing house, 2015;