Leaders in Law endorses Fozeia Rana-Fahy as our exclusively recommended Immigration Law expert in Bermuda. If you wish to get in touch with Fozeia, please use the contact information provided above.
Areas of Practice
Fozeia acts for both international and local clients in a wide range of complex disputes including corporate, banking, insurance, employment/immigration, insolvency and high-value trust litigation cases. She routinely advises and gives presentations on topical issues for the banking, insurance, trust and private client sectors in Bermuda. She also has a successful mediation practice and is the leader of the Bermuda Business Development Agency Trust & Private Client Group Executive.
Fozeia was in private practice in London (UK) from 2000 to 2004 at Lovells and at Elborne Mitchell. Prior to joining MJM in 2009, she was an associate at Appleby from 2005 to 2009.
Bar and Court Admissions
- England and Wales Bar, 2003
- Bermuda Bar, 2006
- B.A. (Hons), Kingston University (England), 1998
- LPC, College of Law (London England), 1999
- Corporate Immigration 2021 – View
- Executive Global Magazine (Spring 2019 Edition): Bermuda Offshore Trusts and Estates Advisory 2019 – View
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2019 – View
- Getting the Deal Through: Corporate Immigration – 2019 – View
- Getting the Deal Through: Corporate Immigration – 2018 – View
- Getting the Deal Through: Corporate Immigration – 2017 – View
- “Speaking the Same Language – How Bermuda caters to China’s needs” in STEP’s Bermuda Trust issue, November 2015 – View
- “Islands of opportunity” in Step Journal – Bermuda Supplement 2014 – View
- Fozeia is a regular contributor to the Bermuda Law Blog
- Employment, Immigration and Data Protection Update (ABIC/ABIR), Bermuda (2017)
- Bermuda Trust Update (Podcast) (2016)
- Transcontinental Trusts, Bermuda – Exiting Difficult Trusteeships (2016)
- Legal Week Trusts & Estates Litigation Forum, France – “Trust Flight: Where can you go to resolve trust restructuring issues” (2016)
- American Bar Association’s Real Property Trust and Estate Law Spring Symposium, Washington “The Young and the Restless versus the Bold and the Beautiful – International Inheritance Disputes Dissected“ (2016)
- Legal Week Trusts & Estates Litigation Forum, France – “How are the Mighty Fallen – Examination of cross border estate and trust issues” (2015)
Transcontinental Trusts, Bermuda “How to Change your Trust Structure” (2015)
- IBC Private Client, London – “Stress Testing Trust Structures – How to Adapt to Change” (2014)
- ABIC/ABIR, Bermuda – Restrictive Covenants in the Insurance Industry (ABIC/ABIR) (2013)
MJM is one of Bermuda’s leading law firms. We have a broad ranging practice with a reputation for excellence in our core practice areas.
MJM is regularly retained by leading international law firms. We offer practical, common sense advice based on an in-depth knowledge of the legal, regulatory and commercial environment in Bermuda. We also offer a high degree of Director involvement in the work that we do. Each practice area is led by a Director who is recognised as a leading practitioner in Bermuda in their respective field of specialisation. Our collaborative approach across practice areas enables us to offer a comprehensive and thorough service to our clients.