Leaders in Law endorses Avinash Singh as our exclusively recommended Criminal Law expert in Australia. If you wish to get in touch with Avinash please use the contact information provided above.
He is one of Australia’s most respected and highly sought-after lawyers, having represented some of Australia’s elite sportspeople including Olympians & National Rugby League (NRL) players.
Mr Singh commenced his legal career over ten years ago as a law clerk with some of Australia’s most well-known barristers. There he worked on some of the country’s most prolific cases.
He was able to learn first-hand from Senior Counsel & Queens Counsel the techniques used by them to analyse voluminous and complex material and develop successful case strategies.
Upon his admission he began honing his advocacy skills in courtrooms throughout New South Wales and has built a reputation as one of the Australia’s most fearsome advocates.
Some of Mr Singh’s most notable and highest profile cases include:
- representing rugby league great Andrew Johns and forcing prosecutors to withdraw all proceedings against him before the first court date;
- persuading the Court to not record a conviction against an Australian Olympian for serious drug charges. Mr Singh was also able to ensure that his client’s name was not published in any media reports;
- a successful appeal to the High Court which transformed the landscape of Evidence law in Australia and resulted in the prosecution being unable to present any evidence against his client;
- representing the son of a prominent overseas government official and obtaining ‘not guilty’ verdicts for multiple sexual assault charges against him;
- the only acquittal in the greyhound racing ‘live-baiting’ scandal;
- dozens of acquittals in sexual assault trials, commercial drug trials, complex fraud trials, grievous bodily harm, robbery, dangerous driving occasioning death, proceeds of crime and various other trial matters;
- murder & manslaughter cases which have attracted media attention;
- representing companies and individuals in corporate crime (ie. white collar crime) proceedings and investigations, money laundering, bribery and other forms of corruption.
Mr Avinash Singh is respected by Judges and Magistrates as a persuasive advocate. He has an exceptional record in having clients found ‘not guilty’ as well as avoiding criminal convictions if they choose to plead guilty. Mr Singh is often able to negotiate to have charges dismissed or downgraded when other lawyers cannot.
He has recognised by the Law Society as an Accredited Specialist in Criminal Law. This is a title that less than 6% of lawyers in Australia have been honoured with, putting him in a truly elite bracket. This achievement was made all the more impressive as he achieved this title before the age of 30.
He has since been appointed to the Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee. This is the body that develops & conducts the assessments for lawyers who are applying to be Accredited Specialists in Criminal Law.
Other members of the profession often seek out his advice on complex legal matters. His success has seen him be recognised in television, radio, online and print media. Journalists regularly contact him for his legal expertise on breaking news and legal developments.
There is a high level of demand for Mr Singh’s services. If you wish to have a consultation with him, please contact our office on (02) 7804 2823 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.