We have recently produced a client presentation on global trends in private M&A. Our findings draw on an in-depth analysis of more than 1,250 private M&A deals that A&O has advised on globally over the last eight years, looking at deal dynamics, execution risks and deal terms. This has given us exceptional insight into global and regional trends in market practice.
Key themes for 2019 include:
- Megadeals and strategic domestic transactions dominate
- Auction activity and competition starting to cool
- Private equity waiting for price expectations to align
- Regulatory landscape and economic uncertainty influence deal terms
- W&I insurance gains traction outside of private equity exits
- Shift in dynamics as buyers reclaim some lost ground
- Marked differences in developed, emerging and frontier market M&A
Please speak to your usual Allen & Overy contact if you would like to schedule a briefing on these trends.